The past 2 years were very harsh for all people over the world due to the covid pandemic, where we lost lakhs of populations. In India, many families lost their loved ones, and some lost their parents, children, or the earning head of the family. This is a personnel loss that can never be filled with any compensation. But with the goal of helping the students/children who lost both of their parents or earning head of the family, the State Bank of India comes up with a scholarship program called SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship 2023.
The scholarship will help the covid pandemic affected students by offering them an amount of help with the hope of completing their higher education. Students who have no one to pay for their educational assistance will get an amount of relief to continue their education and start to build their life again with a lot of positive energy and new hope.
About SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship
State Bank of India is helping the covid affected children who lost their parents or the earning head of the family by introducing the SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship. The selected students will receive an amount of Rs. 38,500 per year in the form of a scholarship to survive their life peacefully. Students who are enrolled in classes 9th to 12th and pursuing their graduation with any stream will be able to register for the scholarship by submitting the required documents.
- To avoid any chance of application rejection you have to submit the application form online mode before the deadline for registration. If any member of the student’s family works in the SBI branch then they are not able to apply for the SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship. And one more thing, the annual family income of the applicant should not exceed 6 lacks per annum.
Also Check: ISHAN UDAY Scholarship
Features of SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship
|Launched By||State Bank of India|
|Name of Scholarship||SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship 2023|
|Objective||Encouraging and Motivating students to continue their studies|
|Benefits||An amount of Rs, 38,500 per annum|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students lost their parents or earning head of the family in covid pandemic|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|SBI Scholarship Official Website||SBI General Website|
Objective of SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship
Covid was the time when most families were losing their loved ones. Small children lost both of their parents or mother and father. That was the time when each or everyone was suffering from financial crises, no money was left to buy food to fulfill their appetite. The children who are going to school or college are now not able to join their classes again due to the unavailability of money. To help these children who suffered a lot at this young age the SBI introduced SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship 2023 to motivate and encourage these brave students to start their studies by offering Rs, 38,500 per annum for their education. Now, students don’t need the help of others.
Also Check: LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship
Eligibility Criteria for SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship
Students must fulfil the following SBI Scholarship Eligibility before the registration of scholarship:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of India.
- Students who lost both of their parents or earning head of the family in covid pandemic of 2020/21.
- The candidate must be a student of class 9th to 12th and also enrolled in any graduation course.
- The family’s annual income should not exceed Rs. 6 lakh per annum.
- If any person in the student’s family is working under the SBI branch then they can’t do their registration for the scholarship.
- Candidates must be enrolled in school right now and committed to finishing their degree.
Benefits of General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program
The following advantages will be granted to the scholarship recipients. –
- The students who will be selected under the scholarship on the basis of the given criteria will receive an amount of benefit for completing their education.
- The scholarship will be different on the basis of the chosen course.
- Students from classes 9th to 12th will get Rs. 29,500 per annum.
- Students who enrolled in Graduation courses will receive: Rs. 39,500 per annum
- Besides this, the scholarship program will also offer Rs. 8,500 to every student for buying a computer/tablet/mobile phone.
- The scholarship fund may only be used for academic expenses like tuition, room and board, internet, books, office supplies, online courses, etc.
Also Check: EWS Scholarship
SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Apply Online 2023
You must follow the given steps for application instructions provided below in order to apply for this scholarship:
- Applicants first need to go to Buddy4Study’s official website for registration.
- On your screen, the scholarship home will appear.
- Here you have to select the button to Apply online that is located on the homepage.
- You must sign in with your Google account or a social media account.
- Complete the application form with all necessary information, and then successfully upload all required documents.
- Accept the terms and conditions to apply for the scholarship.
When applying for this scholarship, the applicant must submit the following documents:-
- A passport-sized photo
- Aadhar Card
- Family income evidence (Salary Slip, Income Certificate, ITR, etc.)
- A copy of your prior academic transcript
- Admission documentation for the current academic year (fee receipt, admission letter, institution identity card, bona fide certificate)
- Evidence of the crisis (a parent’s death certificate or evidence of a job loss)
- reference from a source familiar with the family’s predicament (Can be a school teacher, doctor, head of school, college, or a government officer, etc.)
- Bank account information for the parents or scholarship applicant (copies of cancelled checks and passbooks)
The deadline to submit an online scholarship application will shortly be updated.
- The selection of the students will be done on the basis of the information filled in on the application form and the submitted documents.
- Candidates are first telephone interviewed after being initially shortlisted based on their academic ability and financial situation, and then the final selection is made after document verification.
If you face any difficulty regarding the scholarship then feel free to connect through the given details
- Phone Number: +91-11-430-92248 (Ext: 266) (Monday to Friday – 10:00 AM to 6PM)
- Email Id: email@example.com
What is the duration for receiving funds under the SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship?
The selected students will get financial assistance until they don’t complete their schooling. For every year you have to renew your registration to take the benefit.
How will I get the money if I’m chosen for this scholarship?
The selected candidate will receive the fund directly into their bank account every year.
If someone takes to drop out from school or college, then they receive the scholarship?
In that case, you are not able to continue your scholarship benefit. The scholarship will be terminated.