The Buddy4study India Foundation has introduced the EWS Scholarship 2023. The scholarship is only available for people who belong to the economically backward section of society. This scholarship is available for students who have completed class 10th with good marks and need to now continue their education in prestigious schools. People can apply for the scholarship opportunity if they are interested in taking admission in class 11th and 12th and wants to pursue higher education. The prestigious initiative will help students who are coming from the economically backward section to continue their education without having to worry about the financial problem that they are going through.
Definition of Economically Weaker Section
Economically Weaker Section (EWS) is a term used in India to refer to households with a lower income and limited financial resources. The economically weaker section is a category that is recognized by the Indian government for the households that are earning less than 1 lakh rupees per annum and do not have access to basic opportunities including sanitation and housing. The people need to identify under this category by providing information related to their Aadhar Card and their PAN card. The students are requested to apply for the scholarship under the EWS category only after they have all of the documents.
- The people who are coming from the EWS category are also provided other opportunities related to housing and Healthcare directly from the Indian government.
- Education will be supported for the people coming from the EWS category.
Also Check: Labour Card Scholarship
Eligibility Criteria EWS Scholarship
The applicants are required to follow the following eligibility criteria in order to successfully apply for this Scholarship opportunity:
- The scholarship is available to Indian nationals enrolled in 11th and 12th grade.
- Applicants must have passed their 10th-grade board exams from a state or central board.
- Candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in their 10th-grade board exams.
- The annual income of the applicant’s family should not exceed INR 6 lakh.
- Candidates must pursue 11th or 12th grade through regular schooling, and those studying through open or private schools are not eligible.
Benefits of EWS Scholarship Scheme 2023
- The scholarship provides financial assistance to the people who will take admission to class 11th and they will be able to get their tuition fees covered. The students will also be able to buy books and other resources that they need to continue their education through the development of this scholarship.
- Equal opportunities will be provided to the people who are coming from marginalized community. This will encourage people to continue their education.
- The people will be motivated to get better results through the development of this scholarship.
- Opportunities will be provided for the people who belong to the marginalized community and they will be able to work on their careers also.
- Skill development and Research opportunities will also be provided to the applicants who are selected for these scholarships.
Also Check: Vidyasaarathi Scholarship
Financial Assistance Under Scholarship EWS
The following financial assistance will be provided to the people who will apply for this scholarship presented by the organization:
- Successful applicants of the EWS scholarship will receive a scholarship benefit of INR 10,000.
- Recipients of the scholarship will also have free access to an android learning app called Buddy4Learn.
- The app features curated learning material and allows for class-wise and subject-wise sorting of content.
- It also includes features for tracking the learning progress and assessing performance.
EWS Scholarship Online Apply 2023?
Here are the step-by-step instructions to apply for the EWS scholarship:
- Go to the ews scholarship official website of Buddy4study India Foundation.
- On the home page, select the search option from the menu bar.
- Enter “EWS Scholarship” in the search bar and hit enter.
- Select “Ews-Scholarship-For-Class-10-Passed-Students” from the scholarship list that appears on the screen.
- Read the details on the new page that opens and click on the “apply now” option.
- A login window will appear with four login options: Facebook, Google, mobile number, or email id.
- If you are registered with the portal, login with your registered ID to open the ‘Application Form Page’. If not, register first by choosing the “Register” option.
- Use your Facebook/Google account or fill in the registration details manually to get registered. Once you complete the registration process, you will be redirected to the EWS Scholarship application form page.
- Select the “Start Application” button and fill in the required details in the online application form, such as name, date of birth, guardian name, contact number, email id, course details, etc.
- Upload the relevant documents, select the “Preview” button to check all the details, and if no change is required, click on the “Submit” button to complete the application process.
The following documents are required in order to successfully fill out the application form for the scholarship and apply for EWS Scholarship for 12 Passed Students accordingly:
- Address proof
- Bank account details of the scholarship applicant (canceled cheque/passbook copy)
- Class 10 marksheet (self-attested copy)
- Current academic year fee receipt
- Photo identity proof
- Proof of admission (college ID card/admission fees receipt etc.)
- Last date of EWS Scholarship Apply is 30 December 2023
Selection Criteria of EWS Scholarship 2023
- The students will be selected on the basis of very wide selection criteria.
- This scholarship will be reviewed on the basis of the income criteria and other academic details.
- The students will be selected on the basis of their financial background and that will determine their eligibility.
- A list of successful candidates will be published on the basis of the parameters taking into consideration the final decision of this scholarship committee.
- A telephone interview will be conducted by the scholarship committee.
- If necessary, further selected students may also be required to attend an in-person interview.
- Only deserving students will be able to get the benefit of the scholarship opportunity.
- Mobile Number: 011-430-92248(Ext-172) (Monday to Friday – 10:00 AM to 6 PM)
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
EWS Scholarship FAQs 2023
What is the EWS Scholarship?
The EWS Scholarship is a government scheme designed to provide financial assistance to students belonging to the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) of society. This scholarship aims to support their education and help them achieve their academic goals.
Who is eligible for the EWS Scholarship 2023?
To be eligible for the EWS Scholarship 2023, a student must belong to the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) of society and have a family income less than Rs. 6 lakh per annum.
How can I apply for the EWS Scholarship 2023?
The application process for the EWS Scholarship 2023 is expected to be online. Students will need to visit the official website of buddy4study and register themselves by providing their personal and academic details.
What documents are required to apply for the EWS Scholarship 2023?
The documents required to apply for the EWS Scholarship 2023 may include a recent passport-sized photograph, income certificate, caste certificate (if applicable), mark sheet of the last qualifying examination, and admission proof to the institution.
How will the scholarship amount be disbursed to the students?
The scholarship amount will be directly credited to the bank account of the student in a phased manner.