The National Means cum Merit Scholarship (NMMS) released the application form for registration in various states for the students who are in class 9th to 12th standard. This NMMS Scholarship will offer financial assistance to the students which cover all their educational expenses. The Maharashtra Government released their application for NMMS Scholarship on the 25th of July 2023, it will be provided to the students through their respective schools. The Chhattisgarh government has also released the NMMS Application Form whose deadline will be on 31st October 2023.
It is mandatory to fill in the application form before the deadline, all the details in the application form should be correct and accurate to eliminate any sort of error. If the application form contains any incorrect information, then it will be eliminated and candidates are not able to get the NMMS Scholarship amount.
About NMMS Scholarship 2023
The NMMS Scholarship has been introduced by the Ministry of Human Resource Development’s Department of School Education and Literacy. The National Merit cum Means Scholarship is a great financial support for those students who are not financially strong but have faith to be educated people to fulfill all their dreams and desires. NMMS Scholarship will offer Rs. 12,000 to the students who pass class 7th from any government or government-aided school except students of Kendriya Vidyalaya, Navodaya Vidyalaya, non-government schools, and residential schools are not eligible.
- Under the NMMS Application Form students will be able to continue their studies because they will get financial assistance from the 8th class to the 12th class. To be eligible for the scholarship it is necessary to score at least 55% marks in the 7th standard.
- Through NMMS Scholarship the rate of dropout students will decrease and the literacy rate increase as all students take the privilege of education.
Also Read: Nagaland NMMS Scholarship
Eligibility Criteria to Fill NMMS Application Form
|Eligibility Criteria||Eligibility Condition|
|Students from class 9th must score at least 55% marks in the previous exam (8th class) to continue the NMMS Scholarship. Students who passed 9th standard will get a scholarship in class 10th as well. Class 10th passed students must score 60% to continue their scholarship in 11th standard. There will be 5% mark concession for the backward category. Students who pass class 11th will get a scholarship in 12th standard.||Students from class 8th standard to 12th are eligible|
|Qualifying Marks in 7th class||Students must score at least 55% marks in class 7th to be eligible for NMMS Scholarship|
|Conditions for maintaining the scholarship||Students from class 9th must score at least 55% marks in the previous exam (8th class) to continue the NMMS Scholarship. Students who passed 9th standard will get a scholarship in class 10th as well. Class 10th passed students must score 60% to continue their scholarship in 11th standard. There will be a 5% mark concession for the backward category. Students who pass class 11th will get a scholarship in the 12th standard.|
|Parents annual income||Should be less than or equal to Rs. 3.5 lakh|
|Who cannot apply under the NMMS Scholarship||Students from Kendriya Vidyalaya, Navodaya Vidyalaya, non-government schools, and residential school are not eligible|
- General Category: Rs.170
- SC\ST\PH Category: Rs.100
- General Category: Rs.100
- SC\ST\PH Category: Rs.50
Also Read: NMMS Scholarship
NMMS Application Form Exam Dates (Tentative)
|Name of State||Exam Dates||Official Website|
|December 2023||November 2023||www.education.andman.gov.in|
|Bihar||10th December 2023||scert.bihar.gov.in|
|Chhattisgarh||10th December, 2023||www.scert.cg.gov.in|
|Odisha||November 4, 2023||ntse.scertodisha.nic.in|
|Tamil Nadu||November 2023||dge.tn.gov.in|
|Telangana||December , 2023||www.bse.telangana.gov.in|
|UP||November 2023||examregulatoryauthorityup.in or entdata.co.in|
|West Bengal||December 17, 2023||scholarships.wbsed.gov.in|
Also Read: PM YASASVI Scholarship
- Passport size photo- 2
- Photocopy of SC\ST
- Income certificate
- Disability certificate
- Class 7th mark sheet
- Mobile Number
- Bank Account Details
NMMS Scholarship Apply Online 2023
- Visit the official website of the NMMS Scholarship national scholarship portal first.
- Before you, the home page will load.
- Go to the homepage and select “nmms scholarship registration”
- Your browser will now take you to a new page where you must read the instructions and check the undertaking.
- After that, you have the option to click on the”proceed” button.
- A new page will now open in front of you, where you must enter the necessary information, which is as follows:
- State of domicile
- Scholarship Category
- Name of student
- Scheme type
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Bank IFSC code
- Bank account number
- Identification details
- Captcha code
- The next step is to select the registration option.
- You can submit an application for an NMMS scholarship by following these steps.
|NMMS Scholarship Official Website|
|NMMS Registration through NSP|
|National Scholarship Portal|
|Chhattisgarh NMMS Scholarship|
|New NMMS Guidelines PDF|
How to Fill NMMS Application Form 2023
- Go to the NMMS Scholarship’s official website.
- Before you, the homepage will load.
- You now select NMMS Scholarship from the homepage.
- You must now click on the link to the download NMMS Application Form.
- After that, a PDF form will appear on your screen.
- You must save NMMS Application Form to your computer and print it.
- You must now complete this form by providing all the necessary details, such as your name, email address, and mailing address.
- Following that, you must submit any necessary documents.
- You must now deliver this form to the relevant division.
NMMS Application Form FAQs
When will the Maharashtra government release their application form for NMMS Scholarship?
The Maharashtra Government released its application for NMMS Scholarship on the 25th of July 2023.
Do we apply for the NMMS Scholarship in online mode?
Yes, you can apply in online mode for an application form, it depends upon the state government if they provide the form in online or offline mode.
What is the last date for application form submission for NMMS Scholarship 2023?
The last date for application form submission in NMMS Scholarship will be different for different states.