The Government of West Bengal introduces this Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2023 for the meritorious students at various levels of higher education, at educational institutions based in West Bengal, in order to aid deserving students from economically disadvantaged families in the State of West Bengal in pursuing higher education. All other students enrolled in classes from 9th to 12th grade as well as postgraduate and undergraduate students are also eligible for the scholarships. These scholarships will assist the students in obtaining a quality education and assisting them in overcoming the financial load that their education has placed on them. In this article, we cover the necessary information related to the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship such as its Objective, benefits, features, and eligibility.
About Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
Minority students are encouraged to apply for the current year’s Swami Vivekananda Scholarship, which offers financial aid to deserving West Bengal students pursuing higher education. Students enrolled in M.Phil. and Ph.D. programs at State-Aided Institutions will be covered by this Scholarship Program. Applicants who choose to apply for these scholarships and are accepted will not be permitted to receive any other governmental (central/state) aid for the same program or stage of the study.
- However, students will not be prevented from using the benefits of this program if they get one-time scholarships or help from any source, or if they are granted a free or partially free studentship by the host schools.
- The annual maximum limit for family income has been set at Rs. 2,50,000.
Key Highlights of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
|Launched By||Government of West Bengal|
|Name of Scheme||Swami Vivekananda Scholarship|
|Objective||To provide financial assistance for students|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students of West Bengal|
Objective of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2023
The Swami Vivekananda scholarship’s primary goal is to give deserving students in the state financial aid. The students of West Bengal will be able to avail the benefits of this scholarship program. Now that the government will pay for their education, West Bengal students who cannot afford their tuition can continue their studies. The implementation of this scholarship program, it will increase the state’s rate of literacy while also generating employment. All students from low-income families in the state will be eligible for the Swami Vivekananda scholarship program.
Also Check: Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Students enrolled in conventional classes for Class XI and XII as well as undergraduate courses in science, arts, commerce, engineering, medicine, and technical or professional fields benefit from the program. students seeking postgraduate degrees in science, the arts, commerce, technology, and management.
- Students enrolled in M.Phil. and PhD. programmes at State-Aided Institutions will be covered by this Scholarship Program.
Minimum Marks Requirement
- Higher secondary level- The required score on the Madhyamilk Pariksha exam or a comparable test is 75%.
- Diploma Students- Candidates for first-year diploma courses must receive a 75% passing grade in the Madhyamik Pariksha, or they must complete second-year diploma coursework.
- Undergraduate- The applicant must receive 75% of the possible points in the higher secondary level exam or an equivalent score.
- Postgraduates- The candidate must receive 53% overall, 55% in honors courses at the graduate level, and honors in engineering courses at the graduate level.
- Kanyashree Applicants(K-3 Component)- The applicant must possess a legitimate receipt from a sanctioned K-2 ID. The applicant must receive 45% in the PG in science, the arts, and business.
- M.Phil/NET research Students- Students who have applied to a state-funded institution’s M.Phil. or Ph.D. programs may submit an application.
- The prospective scholars’ total annual family income would not exceed Rs. 2,50,000.
Benefits of Scholarship Swami Vivekananda
- The secondaryhigher secondary and madrasah education Program has been introduced by the West Bengal government.
- This scholarship offers financial aid to students who cannot afford to pay their tuition.
- All pupils who come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds can benefit from this scholarship.
- Students enrolled in post-graduate, undergraduate, and grades 9 through 12 may benefit from this program.
- The programme will guarantee that state pupils receive a high-quality education.
- The financial load placed on students as a result of their education will be lessened with the implementation of this plan.
- Also, this program will raise the state’s literacy rate, and the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Program will lead to job growth.
Also Check: Vidyasaarathi Scholarship
Allocation and Scholarship Rate
The basic distribution and swami vivekananda scholarship amount are as follows:
|Category||Level of study||Scholarship Amount|
|Directorate of School Education (DSE)||Higher Secondary||Rs. 1000 per month|
|Directorate of Madrasah Education (DME)||High Madrasah||Rs. 1000 per month|
|Directorate of public instruction (DPI)||Undergraduates in Arts Undergraduates in commerce Undergraduates in science Undergraduates in other professional courses postgraduates in Arts postgraduates in commerce postgraduates in Science postgraduates in other professional courses NON-NET M.Phil/ Ph.D||Rs. 1000 per month Rs. 1000 per month Rs. 1500 per month Rs. 1500 per month Rs. 2000 per month Rs. 2000 per month Rs. 2500 per month Rs. 2500 per month Rs. 5000 – Rs.8000 per month|
|Technical education at college or university level||Undergraduate or postgraduates in Engineering or other professional courses||Rs. 5000 per month|
|Directorate of Technical Education and Training||Undergraduate||Rs. 1500 per month|
|Directorate of medical education||Undergraduate in Medical stream/ Diploma courses||Rs. 5000 or Rs. 1500 per month respectively|
How to Apply for a Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Online
You must take the following actions for Swami Vivekananda scholarship Apply Online Process:
- Applicants first need to visit the Official Scholarship Webpage of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship official website.
- The homepage will appear on your screen.
- You must select the Register link on the home page.
- You must now select the “Proceed with Registration” option on this page.
- Now you’ll see the registration form in front of you.
- On this page, you have to add the required details such as:
- Enter your mobile number
- Enter Email id
- Following registration, the candidate is given a 15-digit applicant ID made up of characters.
- Use the generated Applicant ID and Password to log in.
- Type in the captcha code.
- Complete the remaining application forms.
- Submit the scanned copies of your image and signature in the appropriate sizes in the JPG or PNG format.
- Pic and Signature Size: 10KB–20KB
- To finish the application procedure, click Submit Application.
- Proof of Address
- Ration card/voter card
- Reports from higher education
- The copy of the bank passbook
- Photo in passport size
- Income tax receipts
- Domicile certificate
- Fresh Application Started on (only class 11)- August 17, 2022
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship last date- Announced Soon
- SVS Renewal Application Started on (only class 12)- August 17, 2022
- Deadline- Announced Soon
- Fresh Kanyashree (K3) Application- November 3, 2022
- Deadline- To be announced soon
Selection Process for the Application
The following details the scholarship’s selection process:
- After submitting the online applications are sorted.
- Based on the student’s financial requirements and the marks they received, they are originally arranged in descending order.
- Therefore, the merit list will be created.
- The availability of all of the candidates’ supplied documents will determine the merit list.
- The scholarship will then be paid out into each recipient’s account.
Steps for Renewal of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
- Applicants first need to visit the official website of the portal.
- The homepage will be in front of you.
- On the homepage, you have to click on the Login button.
- On the login page enter your login credentials.
- After login click on the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Renewal option and submit the required documents.
- By following these details you will renew your application.
Directions for the SVMCM Scholarship Renewal for General Degree/Post-Graduate Students
- Initial Renewal: SEM 1 and SEM 2 mark sheets must be submitted.
- Second Renewal: SEM 3 and SEM 4 Mark Sheets must be submitted.
Renewal Instructions for the SVMCM Scholarship for MBBS students
- 1st Renewal: Submission of 1st MBBS mark sheet
- 2nd Renewal: A copy of the second prof MBBS mark sheet must be submitted for the second renewal the following year.
- 3rd and final renewal: The third prof Part 1 MBBS mark sheet must be provided.
Conclusion of swami vivekananda scholarship svmcm
The reason behind the implementation of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is to motivate the meritorious students of West Bengal belonging to low-income families who wish to pursue higher education. This will encourage and motivate the students, and increase the literacy rate of the state. All other students enrolled in classes from 9th to 12th grade as well as postgraduate and undergraduate students are also eligible for the scholarships.
Contact Details of vivekananda scholarship swami
- Email ID:- email@example.com
- Toll-Free Number:- +1800-102-8014
Faqs Under the Scholarship
Can I submit an application for the SVMCM scholarship program in 2023 with a family income of Rs. 3,000,00 per year?
The Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2023 will only be available to students whose families earn less than Rs. 2,50,000 per year, provided they also submit the relevant documentation and meet the other eligibility requirements.
When will online applications for the SVMCM scholarship for the year 2023 open?
Starting on August 17, 2022, students who meet the SVMCM qualifying requirements can apply for a scholarship.
Can I submit the SVMCM Scholarship application form 2023 on paper?
Students cannot submit the SVMCM application form 2023 in paper copy. They will only be able to submit it online.