Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship:- In India, a girl child is frequently considered as a liability or a “burden” to be passed on. Many girls are kept at home and not sent to school out of fear of exploitation and abuse, only to be married off at an early age. Early education can play a significant role in guiding society toward advancement. The University Grants Commission (UGC) offers the Indira Gandhi single girl child scholarship for PG programs to address this major issue. The scholarship offers a single girl in a family pursuing post-graduate studies financial aid worth INR 36,200 per year. To be eligible for the scholarship, they must be under 30 years old.
About Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship
An undergraduate scholarship scheme called the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship will support our nation’s girl children in achieving their goal of receiving a top education. A financial incentive of Rs. 36,200 would be given to qualified candidates for two years of a non-professional post-graduate degree. The application process is being conducted online, and qualified applicants must register before January 17, 2023. The renewal of the Indira Gandhi scholarship for a single girl child for the following academic year would depend on the scholar’s successful performance.
- The UGC will not provide any additional grants for the cost of healthcare or housing. Students get the award through the UGC-designated agency beginning on the date they enroll in the first year of the PG scheme.
- The designated agency must receive a copy of the award letter and joining report from the recipients, as well as their name, address, and phone number.
Read It Also: Vidyasaarathi Scholarship
Key Highlights of Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship
|Launched By||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Name of Scholarship||Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship|
|Objective||To give money to UGC single girl child scholarship|
|Benefits||Every year, the single-girl kid will receive 3,000 monthly for 2 years.|
|Eligibility Criteria||Single Girl child|
|Indira Gandhi Scholarship Amount||Rs. 36,200|
|Last Date for Registration||January 17, 2023|
Objective of Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship
The government of India established the Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship 2023 with the goal of offering a scholarship sum to a single girl child for postgraduate study. It will support female education and alter societal and parental attitudes so that they support their daughters in following their dreams. The postgraduate education of eligible Applicants enrolled in non-professional courses will be covered by this scholarship program. Moreover, Indian citizens will acknowledge the importance of small family standards.
Also Read: Labour Card Scholarship
Benefits of Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship
The University Grants Commission would give the qualified applicant Rs. 36,200 each year to cover the cost of the 2-year PG course’s tuition. The payment would be made in the form of a 3100 rupee monthly expenditure. Using Direct Bank Transfer, or DBT, it will be immediately transferred to the chosen candidate’s bank account. No further costs, including those of the hostel or even prescription drugs, will be reimbursed by this scholarship. Just the chosen sum will unquestionably be given. The sum will be awarded beginning with the date of enrollment in the institution.
Features of Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship
- To qualified individuals, a monthly stipend in the amount of Rs. 36,200 would be paid.
- This scheme covers the full cost of two years’ worth of non-professional postgraduate coursework.
- The candidates will receive 3000 scholarships.
- Candidates can apply for additional scholarships while receiving the financial award from the Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship because it is an incentive-type scholarship.
- Direct bank transfer will be used to deposit the funds into the candidate’s account who is a single parent with a girl child.
- After two years of study, scholarship extensions are not permitted.
- The terms of this award forbid the reimbursement of tuition fees. The authorities do, however, anticipate that the Institutes will assist the candidates by forgoing the tuition fee.
- Under this program, there will be no reimbursement for lodging fees, medical costs, or other expenditures. The candidates will only be given the aforementioned sum.
- This award is not open to applicants who are pursuing distance learning.
- Based on the receipt of the renewal, the scholarship will be renewed.
Also Check: Commonwealth Scholarship India
Postgraduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship Eligibility
- The candidate must be an Indian national.
- This program’s advantages are only available to families with a single girl child.
- Candidates for this scheme who have twins or fraternal girl children are also welcome.
- The applicant’s age should not be greater than 30.
- The applicant should be enrolled in a postgraduate course as a first-year student.
- The applicant should be enrolled in regular classes at an accredited university while pursuing a non-professional course.
- If a family has both a son and a daughter, the girl kid will be disqualified from the Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship program.
- The candidate must not be a recipient of the PG Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder.
The application forms and required paperwork for the Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship must be submitted before the deadline. The following dates are highlighted for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Children:
- Application deadline: January 17, 2023
- Date of defect verification: January 31, 2023
- Date of institution verification: January 31, 2023
While submitting the Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship applications, interested individuals must provide the following information and the following indira gandhi single child scholarship documents:
- An income certificate and a caste certificate must be needed for all students.
- Admission documentation is necessary.
- The institution’s and the student’s bank account information must be provided.
- The program’s fee structure must be followed.
- One copy of the student’s signature and passport-size photo.
- A student ID card is necessary.
- A 50-stamp paper document from the girl’s parents stating that she is the only child in the household, duly attested by the First Class Magistrate, Gazetted Officer, or SDM.
How to Apply for the PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
Before the deadline, interested candidates must submit their applications for the scholarship. Only those who registered for Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship online will be evaluated and, if qualified, awarded:
- Visit scholarships.gov.in to access the National Scholarship Portal’s official website. The universal application platform for government scholarships is located here. The candidates can apply here for all of the Central, State, UGC, or AICTE scholarships.
- Candidates who have already registered must log in by selecting “Login to Apply” Others must first register on the portal by completing a registration form located at “New Registration.”
- You’ll see a drop-down menu appear. Choose “Fresh 2023”.
- Enter the Login ID and Password, also known as the Login Credentials.
- Enter the case-sensitive captcha code after reading it into the space provided.
- Click “Login.” As a result, the user dashboard will appear.
- Press the “Apply for Scholarship” button. The application for a scholarship will appear.
- Choose “Incentive” for the scheme type, and “Post-matriculation” for the scholarship kind.
- Complete all the fields marked with an asterisk (*).
- Upload the aforementioned files in the proper format and size.
- Review the application thoroughly before submitting it because the authorities do not permit amending or making changes to the application form once it has been submitted successfully.
- Then click the “Submit” button.
Steps for Login under the New Application
- Applicants first need to open the Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship website.
- The website’s home page will show up.
- On the homepage, you have to choose Login for New Application from the menu.
- The fresh login application form will now open.
- A username and password must be entered.
- Click the Login button now.
Renewal of the Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girls
- First, you need to open the Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship official website.
- The website’s home page will show up.
- Choose “New Registration” from the menu.
- There will be a new page.
- Then, select Apply for Renewal from the menu.
- The screen will open with a login form for renewal.
- Use the information to log in.
- The renewal form will now display.
- Click the submit button after entering the renewal information.
Steps to check the Status of Complaints
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal’s official website first.
- The portal’s home page will appear.
- Choose Complaint Status from the menu now.
- The screen will change to a new page.
- Now enter the captcha code and application number.
- Then, select See Complaint Status from the menu.
- Email ID – sosa3ugc@scholarshipknowledge
Indira Gandhi Scholarship Faqs
What are the requirements for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship for a Single Female Child?
Students who are female and under 30 years old may apply.
Distance learning PG students are not urged to take part in the suggested system.
The program includes the participation of institutions with national significance.
The grant is open to eligible students attending colleges, universities, or other educational institutions that receive state or federal funding.
What benefits come with the Indira Gandhi Scholarship for a Single Female Child?
Each year, a total of 3000 new scholarships will be awarded.
Under the scholarship scheme, each scholar is eligible to receive 36,200 per year.
The suggested scholarship payment will be given for the whole two-year course.
Medical and lodging expenses cannot be substituted with any additional grants.
Throughout the projected scholarship term, the recipients are eligible to receive scholarships under any other programs.
What are the eligibility criteria for Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship?
Aadhar card scan for reference.
Score Report for the Previous Final Exam (Self-attested copy).
Current receipt for course fees.
A document describing the situation of the only girl kid (In the prescribed format).