Sanskrit is a word that means refined or holy. One of India’s 22 recognised languages is Sanskrit, an ancient Indo-European language that served as the foundation for several contemporary Indian languages. Hinduism and Jainism both use Sanskrit as their primary language of worship. This language disappeared many years ago, but now we again started recovering the Sanskrit language in our culture. The Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan located in Delhi has launched the Sanskrit Scholarship for the students of India.
The selected students will receive financial assistance of Rs. 2,500 per month. Also, the number of Sanskrit scholarships awarded to suitable individuals depends on the amount of money available. In this article, we provide all the information about the Sanskrit Scholarship, like its objective, benefits, eligibility criteria, amount of benefits and much more.
Overview of Sanskrit Scholarship
The Sanskrit language is our ancient language but in our modern culture, we are leaving it behind. Now a Sanskrit Scholarship Programme is introduced by the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan for the students who are enrolled in classes 9th to 12th, graduation, post-graduation or PhD courses and studying Sanskrit language as their main subject or as an option.
- The scholarship’s tenure might range from 10 months to two years depending on the class or level.
- The amount of scholarships offered to students is determined by the funds available. Students must achieve 50% of the required minimum grades on their examinations in order to be eligible for this award.
- This scholarship motivates and encourages students to start studying the Sanskrit language and connect to our culture.
Also Check: EWS Scholarship
Key Highlights of Sanskrit Scholarship
|Launched By||Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan|
|Name of Scholarship||Sanskrit Scholarship|
|Objective||To motivate students to study Sanskrit|
|Benefits||Amount of the Scholarship is Rs. 2,500|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students from class 9th to 12th, graduation, post graduation or Ph.D courses and studying Sanskrit language|
|Sanskrit Scholarship Login||https://sanskrit.nic.in/|
Objective of Sanskrit Scholarship
The main reason behind the implementation of the Sanskrit Scholarship is to motivate the students from class 9th to 12th, graduation, post-graduation or PhD courses who are studying the Sanskrit language. It is a pure ancient language which was hidden behind the modern culture. But now we again gave it its importance. The students will receive financial help of Rs. 2,500 per annum. The scholarship’s tenure might range from 10 months to two years depending on the class or level.
Also Check: Vidyasaarathi Scholarship
Sanskrit Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The candidate must fulfil the following requirements in order to be qualified to apply online for this scholarship:
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen with legal status.
- Students from classes 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th will be regarded as eligible for the scholarship.
- Students of undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate courses will also be given these scholarships.
- To pass a test, students must score at least 60% marks.
- To continue their education, the student must be enrolled in the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan.
Benefits of Sanskrit Scholarship
The following are the advantages for students class to pre matric:-
- After receiving financial aid through the Sanskrit Scholarship, students will be able to study a variety of courses in the Sanskrit language.
|Course||Sanskrit Scholarship Amount|
|Class 9th||INR 500 per annum|
|Class 10th||INR 500 per annum|
|Class 11th||INR 600 per annum|
|Class 12th||INR 600 per annum|
|B.A Hons. (1st Year)||INR 800 per annum|
|B.A Hons. (2nd Year)||INR 800 per annum|
|B.A Hons. (3rd Year)||INR 800 per annum|
|M.A (1st Year)||INR 1000 per annum|
|M.A (2nd Year)||INR 1000 per annum|
|Ph.D||INR 2500 per annum|
Application Procedure for Sanskrit Scholarship
- Candidates must go to the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan’s website.
- The homepage will appear on your screen.
- You must select the schemes option from the portal’s home page.
- Choose the proper link from the notification list that appears on the computer screen.
- The form will appear on the screen once you click the link to apply online.
- Fill out the application by providing details such as
- Contact Information
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Gender Category, etc.
- After that you need to examine the application, and then select the “submit” button.
- To use the form later, make a printout of it.
- The procedure of filling out the online application form will be out soon.
- Sanskrit Scholarship 2023 last date deadline will be updated in the future.
- Aadhar card
- PAN Card
- Income Document
- Caste certificate, if the student is a member of the SC/ST communities, educational certificate
- A residence certificate
- Evidence of bank account information
- Recent photo of the applicant in passport size
- PWD certificate
- Mobile number
- Email address
- Scholarships will be given out in accordance with the recommendations of the selection committee.
- Officials will present the committee’s recommendations to GIAC for final approval.
- Officials will use the previous classes’ threshold percentage to compile the list of prize winners.
- A scholarship amount will be awarded to applicants based on their course.
- Address: Schemes Section Headquarter Office Central Sanskrit University
- 56-57, Institutional Area, Janakpuri, New Delhi-110058
- General Enquiry (E-PABX) : 011-28524993, 011-28524995, 011-28520977, 011-28525963, 011-28521994 (Ext. 227 )
Sanskrit Scholarship FAQs 2023
What is the need for the implementation of the Sanskrit Scholarship?
The main reason behind the implementation of the Sanskrit Scholarship is to motivate the students from class 9th to 12th, graduation, post-graduation or PhD courses who are studying the Sanskrit language. It is a pure ancient language which was hidden behind the modern culture. But now we again gave it its importance.
Who introduced the Sanskrit Scholarship?
The Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan located in Delhi has launched the Sanskrit Scholarship for the students of India.
Who may apply for the scholarship online?
Students from classes 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th will be regarded as eligible for the scholarship. Students of undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate courses will also be given these scholarships.