For all the students of West Bengal who are studying in 10th standard and want to opt science stream, there is a good opportunity for them. The Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) is offering the JBNSTS Junior Scholarship 2023. This scholarship is for class 10th passed students to provide them 1000 rupees per month for the duration of 2 years. This means if you passed class 10th with 75% marks then in classes 11th and 12th you will receive Rs.1000 per month. The amount of benefit will encourage students in opting science stream as a career option. If you are a student from west Bengal and want to know more about this scholarship to apply then read this article whole.
Importance of JBNSTS Junior Scholarship
JBNSTS Junior Scholarship is introduced by Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) Kolkata, organization. The scholarship will offer financial assistance per year to the selected students. For clearing the selection process for JBNSTS Junior Scholarship you have to give a scholarship test. The question paper will contain questions from- Mathematical Science, Biological Science, and Physical Science. Each topic will contain 10 questions with 30 marks.
- The scholarship amount has been offered to help students studying higher degree programs. Financial aid will be provided to you until your school education is completed.
- The only goal is to expose young people to the area of science and encourage them to pursue it through scholarships so that they can use their skills to make India the best country in the world.
- All students from low-income families are encouraged to continue their education through scholarships, and this program takes the best aptitudes into consideration.
Also Check: Central Sector Scholarship
Overview of JBNSTS Junior Scholarship
|Launched By||Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS)|
|Name of Scholarship||JBNSTS Junior Scholarship 2023|
|Objective||To motivate students to opt science stream|
|Benefits||Financial help of Rs. 1000 per month|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students from class 10th pass with 75%|
Objective of JBNSTS Junior Scholarship 2023
The JBNSTS Junior Scholarship is launched with the goal of offering financial assistance to the selected students who clear the scholarship test with good marks. The students will receive Rs. 1000 per month for the duration of 2 years. The amount will encourage and motivate students to opt science stream for their careers. There are many students who are very good at studies but can’t continue due to higher amounts of school fees or other expenses. This scholarship will help them in their education or making their goal achieved. The JBNSTS Junior Scholarship scheme will also cover the number of books. Only Class 10th students who received at least 75% of their possible points are qualified for the JBNSTS Junior scholarship.
Benefits of JBNSTS Junior Scholarship
The following amount are received by the selected students under the scholarship:
- The scholarship offered by JBNSTS Junior Scholarship is introduced by Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) for the students of West Bengal who are enrolled in class 10th.
- The students must pass out class 10th with minimum 75% marks.
- Selected students will receive Rs. 1000 as JBNSTS Junior Scholarship Amount per month under the scholarship for the duration of 2 years.
- The students will also receive a book grant for their school which will be Rs. 2500 per year.
- In addition to this, students will also get a chance to cover several seminars or workshops to develop their skills or enhance their knowledge in a particular area.
Also Check: Nabanna Scholarship
Eligibility Criteria for JBNSTS Junior Scholarship
The selected candidate must fulfill the following criteria for the scholarship:
- Candidate must be a permanent student of West Bengal.
- Students should enroll in class 10th and pass the exam with a minimum of 75% marks.
- Students must have registered for Class 11th in the current academic year and must opt science stream in West Bengal School.
- The following courses must have been taken by at least three science stream students: physics, chemistry, maths, biology, statistics, and computer science.
Selection Process for JBNSTS Junior Scholarship
The following selection criteria must be followed by the candidate in order for them to be selected for this opportunity:
- The JBNSTS Junior Talent Search Test will be organized every year for the school students who are enrolled in class 10th or 12th. The test will include all three branches of science: mathematical, biological, and physics. The duration of the test will be of 2 hours and have a 90 marks maximum.
- At a specific time and place, the students who have been shortlisted will be invited to the interview phase. The scholarship is awarded to those who advance past the interview round. Students are advised to bring a hard copy of the interview letter and the required papers when reporting for an interview.
- Throughout this phase, the effectiveness of the student’s creativity in various circumstances was evaluated. This is the third and last phase of the JBNSTS Scholarship.
- There will be no negative marks on wrong answering.
To apply for this scholarship, keep in mind the following examination format:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks Allotted|
JBNSTS Junior Scholarship Apply Online 2023
The following steps listed below must be followed in order to submit an online scholarship application:-
- To access the scholarships, first, you need to visit the official JBNSTS Scholarship website of the portal.
- On the homepage, you have to click the link “Apply Online for Junior Talent Search Test“.
- The screen will change to a new page with instructions for filling out the form.
- Carefully read all of the directions. And then choose “Apply Online” from the menu.
- You’ll see the application form on your screen.
- Provide the following information: name, date of birth, gender, parent’s names, family income, address, email address, information about the current school the candidate is attending, and information about Class 10.
- Upload the necessary documents online and Make the application fee payment.
- After following all these steps the procedure is completed.
- Photograph (in JPG format)
- Signature (in JPG format)
- Chart of grades for secondary school or its equivalent (in PDF format)
- Admission evidence (in PDF format)
- Required documents for offline submission:
- You must include three recent passport-size photos in the boxes on the application form.
- A photocopy of the original 10th-grade or equivalent test mark sheet
- Exam cost is a non-refundable bank draft for INR 100 made out to “Jagadis Bose National Scientific Talent Search” and due to Kolkata.
- Sending the admission card requires a self-addressed envelope with a 10-INR postage stamp.
- Evidence of enrollment in the 11th grade (photocopy of fee receipt, library card, identity card, etc)
Fee for Applications
- The applicant must pay a sum totaling Rs 200 plus transaction fees.
Rules and Regulations
The following guidelines must be followed by the candidate in order to be considered for the scholarship:-
- A prize will be given to the best school as well. The school from which the greatest number of JBNSTS scholars are chosen will receive it. A trophy and a gift of INR 10,000 for the school’s library are included in the best school award.
- The dates for applications, exams, etc. are advertised in West Bengal’s top newspapers.
- Less than 1 MB should be uploaded for the educational files on the application portal.
- Candidates must submit an application and pay a 100 INR application fee to take the scholarship test.
- The image you upload must have a width of 160 pixels and a height of 190 pixels.
- The supplied signature should be 160 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall.
- Address: Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search 1300, Rajdanga Main Road
- Kasba, Kolkata – 700107, West Bengal, India Phone: 033 2442 8270
- Fax: 033 2442 8267 Email : jbnsts [AT] jbnsts. ac. in
JBNSTS Scholarship Scheme FAQs
What advantages does the JBNSTS Junior scholarship in 2023 offer?
In addition to receiving a yearly book stipend of Rs. 2,500, those chosen for the JBNSTS Junior Scholarship will get Rs. 1,250 each month for two years.
What is the deadline for applying online for JBNSTS scholarships?
The JBNSTS Junior and Senior Scholarship registration deadline is July 31, 2022.
Are applicants who are not from West Bengal eligible for JBNSTS scholarships?
No. The JBNSTS Junior and Senior Scholarships are only open to West Bengal residents who have finished grades 10th and 12th.