The Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamta Banerjee, every year announced the Nabanna Scholarship for the meritorious students of the state to offer them financial assistance so they continue their education. The students who want to pursue UG or PG courses must avail the benefit of this scholarship. The students who passed their classes 10th and 12th can apply for the scholarship. This scholarship will help to build their educational career and overcome their financial crises. If you want to apply for the scholarship then read this article for more information. Here we cover the objective, benefits, eligibility criteria, application procedure and much more. The application form for this scholarship is not announced yet on the official website, then wait for more information.
Importance of Nabanna Scholarship 2023
As we all know, education is an essential need for our growth, with this initiative the west Bengal government introduced Nabanna Scholarship 2023 for talented students of the state, who wish to pursue higher education, but because of their financial condition, can’t afford it. The government introduced Nabanna Scholarship 2023 to offer financial help of Rs. 10,000\- to the students who have successfully completed the Madhyamika (Class 10) or Higher Secondary (Class 12) Test or a university examination (UG/PG). If you are someone, who is looking for a scholarship for completing their education, then Nabanna Scholarship is a golden opportunity for you. This scholarship will help you to fulfil your desire. More information related to this scholarship is provided in our post.
Also check: JK Lakshmi Scholarship
Objective of Nabanna Scholarship
The government of West Bengal announced the implementation of the Nabanna Scholarship 2023 with the aim of providing financial help to students who are not financially stable and cannot afford higher education. The scholarship amount helps them to enrol in UG, Diploma or PG courses. The scholarship will offer them Rs. 10,000\- for the duration of their pursuit courses. There are multiple families who can’t able to educate their children due to their financial condition. This type of scholarship increases the literacy rate of West Bengal.
Details Nabanna Scholarship Scheme
|Launched By||Government of West Bengal|
|Name of Scholarship||Nabanna Scholarship|
|Objective||To offer scholarships to students of WB|
|Benefits||Financial Assistance for Education|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students of WB who passed out 10th and 12th|
|Amount of Scholarship||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Nabanna Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
For applying for the scholarship, you have to fulfil the following scholarship eligibility criteria nabanna:
- If you want to apply for the scholarship, then the person should be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- After graduating from the State Board, Council of Secondary or Higher Secondary Education, candidates must enrol in one of the State’s schools or pursue a professional degree in engineering, nursing, pharmacy, or medicine.
- The candidate must score a minimum of 65% marks in their 10th examination.
- The candidate must score a minimum of 60% marks in their 12th examination.
- Students who enrol in graduation marks must obtain 55% marks.
- The annual family income of the candidate must not exceed Rs. 60,000/-
- Applicants who have not received any other governmental (central/state) awards or stipends for the same programme or stage of study in the previous year.
Also Check: Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
Benefits of Nabanna Scholarship
The following advantages are offered to the beneficiaries under the scholarship:
- The CM of West Bengal introduced Nabanna Scholarship with the aim of providing benefits to the students of WB who passed out from class 10th or 12th.
- Under the scholarship, students will receive financial assistance for their education.
- This fund is given to students who belong to the financially weaker section of the state, and who can’t afford education.
- The educational rate of West Bengal will increase with the implementation of these scholarship programmes.
Financial Assistance Under Nabanna Scholarship
|Courses||Marks required||Amount of Scholarship|
|School Candidates 2021–2022 Passing the Madhyamika Test (for High School)||50-60%||Rs 10000|
|College-bound Students 2021–2022, Passing the H.S. Test (for the UG level)||50-60%||Rs 10000|
|BA, BSc, and BCA general UG courses cost||Rs 10,000|
|For professional UG courses Engineering, Pharmacy, Medical||–||Rs 12000|
|University Students 2021-22 | Graduation pass [for P.G. level]||50-53%||Rs 10000|
Nabanna Scholarship Documents Required
The following documents are required for submitting application forms in order to receive the Nabanna Scholarship benefit.
- Aadhar Card
- Exam results from the prior year’s mark sheet
- Income statement
- Certificate of Caste
- Bank Passbook
- Self-Declaration Form
- Mobile Number
- A passport-sized photo
- Rank card and committee selection’s letter of appointment
- Admission Fee book
Nabanna Scholarship Application Form 2023
All interested candidates must follow the steps in order to Nabanna Scholarship Online Apply:-
- First, applicants need to go to the West Bengal Government’s Nabanna Scholarship official website.
- In front of you will be the home page.
- Choose the Nabanna Scholarship Form link on the homepage.
- On your screen, the registration form will display.
- You have to download the Nabanna Scholarship pdf.
- After that get a copy of it to print
- Now fill out the form with all the necessary information which is asked in the form.
- Once you’ve entered the information, attach all of your important documents.
- Send the application now via regular mail or Dropbox to the address listed below.
- Shibpur, Howrah-711102; Nabanna, 14th Floor; 325 Sarat Chatterjee Road
Selection Process for Nabanna Scholarship
To be eligible for the Nabanna Scholarship benefit, you must meet the following requirements.
- The candidate must be chosen on the basis of their marks or on the basis of their performance on the previous exam.
- The students will receive financial assistance under the scholarship, which will be given by the Chief Minister’s office and CMRF Cell.
- The financial assistance of the scholarship will be given to the students through the Direct Bank Transfer method into their bank account.
Here we provide the important Dates related to the Nabanna Scholarship:-
|First day of application form submission||Announced Soon|
|Deadline for an application form||Announced Soon|
If you have further queries related to the scholarship, then contact the authority by following the given number.
- Address- West Bengal Government Nabanna, 14th Floor, 325 Sarat Chatterjee Road, Shibpur, Howrah-711102
- Helpline Number- 033 2214 5555/ 2214-3101
- Fax- 033-2214-3528
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
Nabanna Scholarship Faqs
How much funding is offered to the candidates through the Nabanna Scholarship Scheme?
The West Bengal Chief Minister Relief Fund offers the Nabanna scholarship. For their present course, students who have applied for the scholarship will receive INR 10,000 annually.
What are the eligibility criteria for the scholarship?
The students must have passed their most recent test from a Board that is recognized, as well as the Council of the University of West Bengal, in order to continue their studies at any West Bengal institution that is recognized.
How can I submit an application for Nabanna Scholarship?
Yes, you can easily apply for the Nabanna Scholarship offline if you meet the eligibility requirements. You just have to create an application on plain paper and attach copies of the necessary documents before mailing it to the WBCMO office address.