According to the Indian constitution, everyone has a right to study, whether they belong to a financially stable background or any weaker section of our society. But as we know the financial budget is rising like a rocket. Providing education has now become a business where a high amount of fees are collected from the parents in the name of high fashion education. These kinds of schooling are not affordable for every individual. But the governments are working hard to provide scholarships to offer quality education. The Government of Rajasthan implemented Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence 2023 in the name of our former president Rajiv Gandhi.
Importance of Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence
The Rajasthan State Government has launched the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence for Rajasthan students who want to pursue UG, PG, and Ph.D. degrees from their preferred foreign universities after receiving scholarship amounts in the form of financial assistance and support. On the birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi, the “Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Achievement” program was introduced (August 20, 2021). There is a clause in this that states 200 students studying abroad will receive free education each year.
- All state students who wish to pursue their higher education at a foreign university will receive financial assistance under this scheme.
- Under the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Achievement, students from Rajasthan state who choose to pursue a higher degree at one of the top 25 colleges overseas would receive a grant worth Rs. 10,00,000/-.
- This scheme provides students with the opportunity to study at the world’s top 150 universities/institutions, including Oxford University, Stanford University, Harvard University, California Institute of Technology, Cambridge University, Princeton University, and Toronto University.
Also Check: Sujnana Nidhi Scholarship
Key Highlights of Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence
|Launched By||Government of Rajasthan|
|Name of Scholarship||Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence 2023|
|Objective||To provide scholarships for studying in abroad|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students of Rajasthan|
|Name of Universities||Oxford University, Stanford University, Harvard University, California Institute of Technology, Cambridge University, Princeton University, and Toronto University.|
|Beneficiary Category||Students who want to pursue UG, PG, and Ph.D. courses|
|Annual Income Limit||Rs. 8,00,000/-|
|Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence Last Date||Updated Soon|
|Age Limit||35 Years|
Objective of Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence
The Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence was established with the primary goal of offering scholarship money to students who wish to pursue UG, PG or Ph.D. degrees in foreign universities. This scholarship will encourage and motivate meritorious students to fulfill their dream. There will be 200 places set up for the student selection process. This Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence also provides Rajasthani students with financial support so they can pursue their studies in colleges in the US, Sweden, Switzerland, Singapore, and other countries. The scholarship money given to the students will pay for their tuition, maintenance charges, emergency funds, visa fees, and other expenses.
Read Also: Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship
The following is a list of requirements for the scholarships:
- Candidates must hold a Ph.D. or a master’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or board.
- You need a Jan Aadhar card.
- By July 1, the candidate must be 35 years old.
- required is proof of residence in Rajasthan. Because only Rajasthani students are eligible for the programme.
- The annual income of the family shouldn’t be more than INR 8 lakh.
- One family member will only get the gift.
Maximum Yearly Income
The student’s family’s source of income will also be taken into account when determining whether or not they qualify for the scholarship funds. The family’s annual income cannot be more than Rs. 8,00,000. Only students whose annual earning worth is equal to this sum will be shortlisted.
No upper age limit
The student’s age must or should not be greater than the upper age restriction that the selection body has set for the selection of an eligible beneficiary. The minimum age requirement for students is 35 years old; in other words, a student’s maximum age is 35 years old.
The government has also placed some restrictions on the recipients, which the students applying for this award will have to abide by. The government has set a goal of covering 200 or so kids from the state of Rajasthan because there are only about 200 seats made aside for pupils who will be eligible to receive scholarship money.
Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence Apply Online
- Applicants first need to visit the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship website.
- From the portal’s home page, select “Online Scholarship” from the menu bar.
- Read the details by selecting the “Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence 2023” link.
- A form to fill out will now show on the screen once you click “Register.”
- Choose “citizen” and one of the following, then: Facebook, Google, and Jan Aadhaar Bhamashah
- All information requested on the screen should be entered, and then you should proceed with the registration process.
- Now locate the login option on the homepage and select it. Enter the login information.
- After logging in, locate the “Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence” Apply link.
- When you click the “apply” link, a screen with the application form will appear.
- Provide the information requested on the application form.
- All necessary papers should be uploaded in the appropriate size and format.
- Before sending the application in, carefully review it.
- To send the application form, click the “Submit” button.
- Print out the completed application before you forget.
- Aadhar card of the candidate
- Mark list for the tenth grade/graduate/post-graduate and doctoral degrees
- Bank passbook
- Age verification
- Email ID
- Mobile number
- Proof of income
- University admissions verification
- Extra Files
- If there were more than 200 applications received, the applicants would be chosen by a lottery mechanism controlled by the RGS Portal.
Benefits under Scholarship
The following are the advantages of this scholarship:-
- Students with excellent academic records will be eligible to receive the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence award amount.
- Those who desire to continue higher education will have their dreams come true thanks to this scholarship.
- Students will be able to enrol in universities abroad.
- The kids would receive Rs. 10,00,000/- in funding.
- The scholarships will be awarded to 200 or so youngsters.
- Students who are 35 years old or older are eligible to apply.
- Student admittance is available to 48 or so foreign universities.
- Students pursuing PhD programmes will be given a funding amount for three years.
- The scholarship amount will be provided to students pursuing an MA or PG degree for a period of 1/2/3 years.
- In order to register more quickly for the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Achievement, students must register online.
Other Rewards available under Scholarship
|Annual Contingency and Equipment Allowance||1,000,000 Rupees for books, necessary equipment, a study tour, typing, and thesis binding|
|Annual Maintenance Allowance||10,00,000/- Rupees for all levels of Courses|
|Visa Fees||Actual visa fees in Indian Rupees|
|Medical Insurance Premium||Actual|
|Tuition Fees||Actual fee, but if you receive any financial assistance/scholarship from the university/institution, the same amount will be deducted|
|Cost of Air Passage||Economy class airfare will be provided for the shortest route from India to the destination and back to India.|
This Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence Yojana 2023 will be a great step towards the implementation of a scheme that motivates students for pursuing higher education abroad and fulfilling their dream. The students who are multi-talented but due to financial crises cannot afford it, they will live there through the implementation of these scholarships. In this scholarship, the students will receive 10 lakh for their education in foreign countries. The portal will provide about 200 seats made aside for pupils who will be eligible to receive scholarship money.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Achievement, you can contact us at the phone number and email address listed below:
- Contact information: 0141-2706106
- Email: email@example.com
Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Faqs 2023
How can I obtain Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence?
The government of Rajasthan will distribute the scholarship’s financial award. The Rajasthan Government determines how the money will be disbursed.
How many positions are open for this Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship?
Each fiscal year, 200 places are up for grabs for Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence.
How many members of one household can submit an application for this distinguished program?
The scholarship can only be used by one child of the same parents or guardians. Also, because the award can only be presented once, the recipient cannot be considered for it again.