The department of Kerala Government is always serious about the education system of their state. The government always introduced various scholarships for students and another scholarship for the students of Post graduation or Ph.D. was introduced called Aspire Scholarship. The Aspire scholarship is also known as Akanksha Scholarship. Through this scholarship students get an opportunity to do internships or projects other than school or colleges in the institution. Students get a chance to explore more in the educational area and opportunity to interact with scientists and research institutes. In this post, we cover all the required information needed for registration under the portal like its objective, benefits, eligibility criteria, and much more.
Importance of Aspire Scholarship
Aspire Scholarship is an opportunity for the students of Kerala who belong to the financially weaker section of the state in order to offer them financial help so they can complete their Post graduation or Ph.D. degree. The scholarship will be given to students who are studying in universities that are affiliated with the Kerala education system. The students who are enrolled in the following courses are able to avail the benefit of Aspire scholarships such as PG, M.Phil, and Ph.D. courses.
- The students who will be selected under the scholarship will receive Rs. 8000 and Rs. 10,000 per month, respectively, especially if they are completing their internships outside of Kerala. This will motivate students to perform well during their internship period and help them financially.
Also Check: Kerala LSS USS Scholarship
Key Highlights of Aspire Award Scholarship
|Launched By||Department of Minority Welfare Kerala|
|Name of Scholarship||Aspire Scholarship|
|Objective||To offer financial help for higher education|
|Benefits||Financial assistance in the form of a scholarship|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students of Kerala pursuing Post graduation and Ph.D. courses|
|Amount of Benefit||Rs. 8000 to Rs. 10,000 per month|
|aspire scholarship login||dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in|
Objective of Aspire Scholarship
The main objective behind the implementation of Aspire Scholarship is to offer a scholarship amount to deserving students who are enrolled in PG, M.Phil, and Ph.D. courses and to provide them an internship or project programs to develop their working skills. It will make them experience all the practices needed during their studies and they will also get an absolute opportunity to interact with the scientists and research institutes.
Also Check: E Grantz Scholarship
Eligibility Criteria Aspire Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for the Aspire Scholarship DCE, the candidate must meet the requirements listed below:-
- The students who enrolled in P.G./M.Phil/Ph.D. courses are eligible for the scholarship.
- The colleges that are affiliated with the departments of Kerala University may apply.
- The scholar/guide in the host institution who has agreed to guide the candidate during the internship or project must provide support and oversight. The candidate should submit three copies of the project proposal, which should not be longer than one or one and a half pages, along with a sanction letter, a facility certificate from the host school, and a no objection certificate from the parent Department or College.
- The candidate’s identity should not be disclosed in the research proposal or abstract that is submitted.
- A candidate receives the scholarship just once during the duration of a given course.
- Interdepartmental projects as well as projects carried out in associated colleges are discouraged at host institutions.
- Nonetheless, deemed Universities may also be selected as the Host Institutes. Project proposals involving IDE and private institutions as Host Institutes are to be refused.
- The parent institution should make sure the student attends the minimal number of days necessary for the specific course. For this reason, the work completed at the host institute may be considered coursework.
Benefits of Scholarship Aspire
The beneficiaries of this scholarship will receive the following advantages:-
- The selected candidates of Aspire Scholarship 2023 will receive the amount of Rs. 8000 to Rs. 10,000 per month.
- Students will receive the Rs. 8,000 by the state under the scholarship.
- Or the students who will be selected for the internship will receive the amount of Rs. 10,000 per month.
- The scholarships will be distributed in the following proportions: 2:3:5 for P.G., M.Phil., and Ph.D. courses, respectively.
Application Procedure for Aspire Scholarship
You must follow these simple and easy steps outlined below in order to apply for the scholarship.
- To access the scholarship’s official webpage, applicants first visit the aspire scholarship official website.
- The homepage of the scholarship will appear on your screen.
- On your screen, the scholarship’s specifics will appear.
- Here you have to choose the “Aspire Scholarship phd” link.
- Then you need to click on the “Apply Online” option from the drop-down menu.
- On the screen, a fresh login form will appear.
- On this page, you have to Log in by entering your login information in the form.
- Choose Apply As Fresh from the menu now.
- On your screen, the application form will appear.
- On the application form, you have to fill in all the required details.
- Ensure that you upload all your required documents.
- After that, you have to submit the application fees online.
- As you complete all these steps send the application form..
- Applicants need to submit the overview of their resume, it will not be more than 2 pages.
- Print out of the registration form which includes the passport-size photo of the applicant.
- A self-attested copy of the qualifying exam score report
- A self-attested copy of the SCLC’s first page and the score report
- A letter of approval from the mentor of the organization where the proposed internship for the project is to be conducted
- The applicant’s name, account number, and other information are displayed on the first page of their passbook for their bank account.
- The starting date for the new scholarship application period will be updated soon.
- The final application deadline for the new scholarship will be updated soon.
To apply for the scholarship, the candidate must follow the given criteria:
- The application form submitted by the applicant is examined by the principal of the institution.
- Within two weeks of the application’s submission, an expert panel will review it and provide a list of the students they have chosen on the scholarship’s official website.
- The chosen recipients and the relevant institutions will be notified by email and SMS.
- After the candidate has been released from the parent institution and reports that they will be attending the host university, the scholarship will be sent to their bank account.
If you have any queries related to the scholarship then visit the official website and contact us through the given number.
- Address: The Special Officer Scholarships, Directorate of Collegiate Education, 6th Floor, Vikas Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram, 695033
- Helpline Number: 0471-2306580, 9446096580
Aspire Scholarship Faqs 2023
Who is eligible for the Aspire Scholarship?
The students who enrolled in P.G./M.Phil/Ph.D. courses are eligible for the scholarship. The colleges that are affiliated with the departments of Kerala University may apply.
What documents are needed for the scholarship registration?
A self-attested copy of the qualifying exam score report. A self-attested copy of the SSLC’s first page and the score report and a letter of approval from the mentor of the organization where the proposed internship for the project is to be conducted.