Through our articles, we from time to time inform you about the various scholarships introduced for students who can’t afford higher education after 12th. Today we are informing you about one more scholarship named Central Sector Scholarship 2023. This scholarship is launched by the Department of Higher Education. The Central Sector Scholarship is introduced for College and University Students for session 2023–24, through this program deserving but underprivileged students who enrolled in classes 12th to PG will get financial help with their living expenses while pursuing higher education. In this article, we cover all the essential details such as objectives, benefits, eligibility criteria, application procedure, and much more. So, continue to read this post till the end.
Importance of Central Sector Scholarship
All the students who belong to a financially weak families and are enrolled in 12th standard, want to continue their higher education but can’t do so due to the unavailability of money. The Department of Higher Education introduced this Central Sector Scholarship to offer financial assistance in the form of scholarships so that students don’t quit their studies. The financial assistance will cover all your educational expenses. 82,000 graduate and postgraduate students get scholarships each year under the Central Sector Scholarship Program.
Each year, the selected students receive a scholarship award of up to INR 20,000 to assist them in paying their living expenses while pursuing higher education. Boys and girls will each receive 41,000 of the total rewards from this program, with the remaining 41,000 awards going to female applicants.
Also Check: Tata Trust Scholarship
Key Highlights of Central Sector Scholarship
|Launched By||Department of Higher Education|
|Name of Scholarship||Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2023|
|Objective||To motivate students to higher education|
|Benefits||INR 20,000 to students|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students who belong to the economically weaker background|
Objective of Central Sector Scholarship
The Central Sector Scholarship Program was established with the goal of providing higher education to students who are unable to attend classes because of financial difficulties. The chosen student will get a scholarship amount that will enable them to finish their postgraduate studies stress-free. The opportunity presented by this scholarship will be available to many gifted and motivated students. Following that, they won’t have to abandon their studies because of a lack of funding. For those who have passed their 12th grade and want to enroll in graduate-level courses, this grant will provide financial assistance.
Also Check: NMMS Scholarship
Central Sector Scholarship Eligibility
All the candidates who want to apply for the scholarship must fulfill the following criteria:
- The student must be a permanent resident of India.
- Candidates should belong to financially weaker families.
- A candidate must be enrolled in a regular program of study, such as engineering or medicine, in a college or institute that has been approved by the AICTE, the dental council of India, Indian Medical Council.
- The candidate’s family should not earn more than Rs. 8 lacks in total annually.
- It is not possible to apply for this program if you are a student pursuing a degree through correspondence or distance learning.
- The student must avail 80% marks in their 12th to be selected under the scholarship.
Read it: CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship
Benefits and Features of Central Sector Scholarship
- The Central Sector Scholarships was created by the Department of Education to provide financial aid to students who want to do higher studies.
- Students belonging to the financially weaker section are sacrificing their dreams due to money crises.
- Based on merit, the student will receive the amount of scholarship.
- Almost 82000 scholarships are awarded each year to students studying post-graduate degrees in fields like engineering and medicine. There are 41000 boys and 41000 girls out of a total of 82000.
- This scholarship will help to lower the nation’s illiteracy rate.
Amount of Benefit to the Students
|Level Of Course||Amount of Scholarship|
|Graduation Level||Rs. 10,000 per annum for 3 years|
|Post Graduation Level||Rs. 20,000 per annum for 2 years|
|Professional Courses||Rs. 20,000 per annum|
|Technical Courses Such as B.Tech and B.E||Scholarship amount up to Graduation Level|
- The Central Sector Scholarship last date is January 17, 2023.
- Defective verification must be completed by January 31, 2023.
- The institute must be verified before January 31, 2023.
- Aadhar Card
- Grade Report for 12th
- Income Document
- Mobile Number
- A passport-sized photo
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship Apply Online
All interested candidates must follow the steps outlined below in order to submit an application for a Central Sector Scholarship.
- First, you have to go to the National Scholarship Scheme’s official website.
- In front of you will be the home page.
- Choose “New Registration” from the drop-down menu on the homepage.
- Before you will appear a fresh web page.
- Here you must carefully read all of the terms and conditions.
- Once you’ve read the terms and conditions, check every declaration box.
- Then select the option to continue
- In front of you, the registration form will appear.
- Now fill in all the information requested in the form, including
- State of domicile
- Scholarship Category
- Scheme type
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- IFSC code
- Account number
- Identification details
- Captcha code
- Click the Register option after providing all the necessary information.
- By doing this, you may quickly apply for the scholarship program.
Scholarship Central Sector Application Status
- First, you have to go to the National Scholarship Portal’s official website.
- In front of you will be the central sector scholarship for pg students home page.
- On the homepage, you have to click on the Application Status option.
- After that a new page will appear on your screen, here you have to select your Academic Year, then enter your Application Id, Password, and Captcha code.
- Now you have to click on the NSP Login button.
- In front of you, there will be a new page where you get all the details regarding your application progress.
Contact Details of Sector Scholarship Central
For the most recent news and information, please regularly check the announcement corner.
- For any technical queries, please contact Helpdesk at helpdesk[at]nsp[dot]gov[dot]in or 0120 – 6619540 (from 8 AM to 8 PM on all days, excluding holidays)
Central Sector Scholarship FAQs
For whom is the Central Sector Scholarship available?
Students who scored in the top 20 percent of their class in the applicable stream on the Class 12 board test are eligible for this scholarship. They must be enrolled in a regular undergraduate, graduate, or professional program at an Indian university that is accredited. Also, the family’s total annual income should be less than INR 8 lakh.
What is the Central Sector Scholarship’s minimum income requirement?
The scholarship has no minimum income criteria. The applicant’s family’s total annual income cannot, however, be more than INR 8 lakh.
What minimum percentage must be met in order to renew the Central Sector Scheme?
The student’s prior exam grade must have been at least 50% or higher in order for their scholarship to be renewed. Also, they have to keep attendance at least 75%.