In order to reduce the dropout rate the Government of India implemented various kinds of schemes. Scholarship and fee waiver facilities are provided to the students through these schemes. The Government of India has recently launched the NMMS scholarship. It is basically a national merit cum scholarship scheme. Through this scheme financial incentives are provided to meritorious students. This article will cover complete details regarding the NMMS scholarship 2023. You will get to know how you will be able to apply under this scheme. Other than that you will also get to know other important details concerning and NMMS scholarship 2023
What is NMMS Scholarship?
NMMS or National merit cum means scholarship is a scholarship scheme which is launched by the government of India. Through this scheme financial assistance is provided to students who want to pursue higher education. Students will be able to get financial assistance up to Rs 12000 through this scheme. All the students who are studying in classes 9 to 12 are able to take advantage of this scheme.
This scheme has been specially designed for students who belong to economically weaker sections of society. So that the dropout rate of students can be reduced. All those students whose family annual income is less than Rs 150000 will be able to benefit from this scene. Every year the government provides NMMS scholarships to 1 lac students.
Also Check: Devaraj Arasu Scholarship
Objective Of NMMS Scholarship 2023
- The main objective of the NMMS scholarship is to provide financial assistance to the students
- So that the dropout rate among students after class 8 can be reduced
- Through this scholarship scheme financial assistance of Rs 12000 per annum will be provided to students
- With the implementation of this scheme literacy ratio of the country will be increased
- Other than that employment will also be generated
- Now students or not required to depend on anyone in order to pursue higher education
Factors Of NMMS Scholarship
|Name of Scholarship||National Means Cum Merit Scholarship|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Beneficiary||Students of India|
|Objective||To provide financial assistance|
|Website to Apply for NMMS Scholarship||cholarships.gov.in|
|Financial Assistance||Rs 12000 per annum|
|Mode of Application||Online/Offline|
Benefits of National Means Cum Merit Scholarship
- NMMS or National merit cum means scholarship is a scholarship scheme which is launched by the government of India.
- Through this scheme financial assistance is provided to students who want to pursue higher education.
- Students will be able to get financial assistance up to Rs 12000 through this scheme.
- All the students who are studying in class 9 to 12 are able to take advantage of this scheme.
- This scheme has been specially designed for students who belong to economically weaker sections of society.
- So that the dropout rate of students can be reduced.
- All those students whose family annual income is less than Rs 150000 will be able to benefit from this scene.
- Every year the government provides NMMS scholarship to 1 lac students
NMMS Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|Enrollment Criteria||Those students who have enroll themselves for class 8 will be able to take benefit of justice. Only those students who are studying in government schools will be able to take benefit of this scheme. Al|
|Income Criteria||The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed RS 150000|
|Qualifying Marks Criteria||For General Category- 55% For Reserved Category-50%|
|Continuation Criteria||Applicants are required to score at least 60% marks in their 10th board examination and 55% marks in their class 11th examination. Th|
|Ineligibility||Those students who are enrolled in NVS, KVS, Sainik School, and private schools cannot apply for this scholarship Those students studying in schools run by State Government with facilities like boarding, lodging, etc cannot apply for this scholarship|
Selection Procedure Under NMMs Scholarship Scheme
- The central government will conduct for selection test in every state and union territory for the disbursement of scholarship
- Selections will be done on the basis of this test
- The test will include a mental ability test and a socialistic aptitude test
- The guidelines for the test will be set by NCERT
- The minimum duration for completing the testes is 90 minutes
- Children with special abilities will be given extra time to complete the test
NMMS Scholarship Important Dates
|State||Last Date (Tentative)||Application Mode|
|NMMS Assam||updated soon||Online|
|NMMS JK Form||updated soon||Offline (Through schools)|
|NMMS Odisha Form||updated soon||Online|
|NMMS Bihar||updated soon||Online|
|NMMS Gujarat Form||updated soon||Online (Through schools)|
|NMMS AP Form||updated soon||Online (Through schools)|
|NMMS Punjab||updated soon||Online (Through schools)|
|NMMS Karnataka||updated soon||Offline|
|NMMS Maharashtra||updated soon||Online|
|NMMS West Bengal||updated soon||Online|
|NMMS Telangana||updated soon||Online (Through schools)|
|NMMS Himachal Pradesh||updated soon||Online|
|NMMS Jharkhand Form||updated soon||Online|
|NMMS Haryana Form||updated soon||Online|
|NMMS Goa Form||updated soon||Through schools (Offline)|
|NMMS Chhattisgarh Form||updated soon||Through schools|
|NMMS Uttarakhand Form||updated soon||Through schools (Offline)|
NMMS Scholarship Apply Online 2023
- First of all, go to the NMMS Official Website. The home page will appear on your screen
- Before beginning, the application procedure applicants are required to keep scanned copies of all the relevant documents
- Also, you are required to keep information like educational qualifications, Aadhar card number, school enrollment number, etc handy before applying
- Now beneficiaries are required to click on the new registration
- A new page will appear on your screen
- You have to read all the instructions very carefully
- After that beneficiaries are required to take on the undertaking
- Now a new page will appear on your screen
- Now you have to fill in all the required details
- Now you have to click on the register
- After that applicant or required to login through the provided login ID
- Those applicants who are studying from classes 9th to 10th need to apply under the pre-matric scholarship category
- The Students who are studying in classes 11th and 12th are required to apply under post matric scholarship category
- After that, an application form will appear on your screen
- Beneficiaries are required to fill in all the required details in this application form
- Now beneficiaries are required to upload all the necessary documents
- After that you have to click on submit
- By falling this procedure you can apply under the NMMS scholarship
NMMS scholarship has been launched in order to reduce the dropout rate after class 8. Through this scheme, scholarship is provided to students so that they can pursue higher education. With the implementation of this scheme, the government is going to provide financial assistance of up to Rs 12000. In order to benefit from this team applicants are required to clear the qualifying examination which is held by the central government. All those students who want to pursue higher education but due to financial crisis there unable to do so can take benefit of this scheme.
NMMS Scholarship FAQs
What is the full form of the NMMS exam?
The full form of the NMMS exam is the national means cum merit scholarship examination. This exam is conducted every year by the department of school education and literacy under the ministry of human resource development.
How to apply for an NMMS scholarship?
Students can apply for an NMMS scholarship through the national scholarship portal. Before applying students are advised to check the eligibility conditions and then register on the portal
Are there any minimum marks criteria to get the benefit from this scholarship?
Yes, there is a minimum marks criteria in order to get the benefit of this scheme. Applicants are required to obtain at least 55% to 60% marks as per their classes to get the benefit of this scheme
What are the passing marks for the NMMS exam?
In order to pass the NMMS examination the beneficiaries are required to obtain at least 40% marks in each MAT and SAT examination. The results of the exam will be declared through the official portal.