To help the students of Jammu and Kashmir continue their education the Jammu and Kashmir state government launched the JK NMMS Scholarship 2024. Today in this article we will give you all the details regarding the eligibility criteria, selection process, and application process for the JK NMMS scholarship. The students who are studying in class 8 in Jammu and Kashmir are eligible to apply for the JK NMMS scholarship. Under this scholarship, the selected students will get financial support from the JK state government. All the applicants who clear the eligibility criteria can download the application form from the official website. The applicant can print out the application form, fill the form, and submit it to the respective authority.
About JK NMMS Scholarship 2024
The Jammu and Kashmir National Means cum merit scholarship scheme (NMMSS) was launched by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education. The students who are studying in class 8 in a Jammu and Kashmir Government School can apply for the JK NMMS Scholarship. The students will have to appear in a written exam to avail the benefits of the scholarship. The exam consists of two sections- the Mental Ability Test (MAT) and the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). Both examinations have a Duration of 90 minutes with 90 questions on each exam. Black candidates have to score at least 45% marks on both exams to avail the benefits of the scheme.
Also Read: JK Lakshmi Scholarship
The objective of JK NMMS Scholarship
The government of Jammu and Kashmir launched the JK NMMS Scholarship with the main objective of providing financial assistance to the students of the state. So that they can continue their education without worrying about financial troubles. If the student is selected for the scholarship he will get 12,000 per year making a total of 48,000 for 4 years. The financial assistance will be transferred directly to the applicant’s bank account. A total of 1069 students will be selected for the JK NMMS Scholarship 2024. To avail of all these benefits the applicant must download the application form from the official website.
Key Highlights of JK NMMS Scholarship
|Name of the scheme
|JK NMMS Scholarship
|Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education
|Provide financial assistance
|Students of Jammu and Kashmir state
- The candidate must be studying in class 8 in a Jammu and Kashmir
- A minimum of 55% in Class 8 exams is required of applicants; SC/ST students may be exempted by 5%.
- The applicant must be from a government or government-aided School.
- The annual income of the applicant’s family must not exceed rupees 3.5 lakh per year.
- Reservation will be provided to different categories of students as per the UT of J&K reservation policy.
Also Read: NMMS Scholarship
Benefits of JK NMMS Scholarship
- The selected students for the scholarship will get INR 12000 per year for a total of 4 years.
- The financial assistance will be transferred directly to the applicant’s bank account.
- The scholarship will encourage the students to focus more on their studies.
- With the help of the scholarship, the students can continue their education without worrying about financial trouble.
|Last date to apply
|JK NMMS Scholarship
|31st January 2024
- class VIl marks certificate,
- income certificate and category
- favoring Liaison Officer,
- NMMS to be a certificate, if applicable
|Types of Rewards
|Rs. 12,000/- per annum for 4 years.
|Types of Application Fees
|pay-in-slip of Rs.60.
- The applicants will be selected based on their clearance of eligibility criteria.
- Only the candidates who are permanent citizens of Jammu and Kashmir state will be selected for the scholarship.
- Only the students who are studying in class 8 will be selected for the scholarship.
- The candidate must have scored at least 55% marks in the class 8 examination to avail of the benefits of the scholarship.
- The applicant must submit the application form to the authorities before the last date.
JK NMSS Scholarship Exam Pattern
|Na. of Questions
|Mental Ability Test (NMAT)
|Scholastic Aptitude Test (SA)
Do JK NMMS Scholarship Application Form PDF
- To download the Application form for JK NMMS Scholarship first unit go to the official website by clicking on the link here.
- On the homepage click on the option Scholarships.
- A drop-down menu will appear then click on NMMS.
- A new page will appear on your screen.
- Click on the option National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS)- Application form for National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMS)2022-23.
- A PDF file will be downloaded on your desktop print out the application form and fill it and submitted to the respective authorities.
Instructions to Fill JK NMMS Scholarship
- Use only BLUE or Black Ball ballpoint pen. Write In CAPITAL LETTERS. Do not mark outside the boxes.
- Leave one box blank between two words. Limit your name and/or address within the space provided for It.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate and the Head of the Institution to deposit the filled-in form with the concerned DNOO before the last date. No application form will be entertained after the last date.
- Incomplete or defective applications are liable to be rejected.
- Examination fee of Rs 60/- through Pay-in Slip (from J&K Bank) be deposited in JK Bank A/C No. 0547010100000002, Branch JKBOSE, Bemina, Srinagar, IFSC Code JAKAOEXAMBR in favor of Liaison Officer, NMMSS, J&
- For any problem you can contact on Email ID- directoracad[AT]jkbose[Dot]co[Dot]in
Who is eligible to apply for the JK scholarship?
All the permanent citizens of Jammu Kashmir state studying in class 8 are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
What color pen should be used in filling out the application form?
Only a blue color pen should be used in filling out the application form.
How much is the financial assistance to be provided under the JK NMMS Scholarship 2024?
12000 Rupees per year will be given to the selected candidates for the AJK NMMS Scholarship 2024.
What is the duration of the JK NMMS Scholarship 2024?
The selected students for the JK NMMS Scholarship 2024 will receive financial assistance for 4 years.