UGC Post Doctoral Fellowship For Women Candidate is presented by the UGC Organisation in order to help the candidates who are not able to continue their post-graduation degree because of unemployment issues. When students are pursuing a Ph.D. degree, it is challenging to get a job because of the high level of education that they are seeking and also because of the advanced Studies that they are doing without any financial support.
If you are someone who is not familiar with employment opportunities but wants to have financial support in order to continue higher education then you can apply for the fellowship program created by the UGC organization. Make sure to fill out the application form before the last date in order to be eligible for the benefits.
Also Check: Dr S Radhakrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship
Objective Of UGC Post Doctoral Fellowship For Women
The main objective of the UGC Post Doctoral Fellowship For Women is to provide financial support for women who are coming from economically backward sections of society but are pursuing Ph.D. courses in order to make a great career for themselves. People can fill out the application form for the fellowship program by visiting the official website created by the UGC Scholarship organization and they will be eligible to get a lot of benefits if they are currently pursuing a PhD.
- The PhD students will be eligible to get Fellowship benefits and they will be provided a monthly salary of up to 46500 Rupees.
- The students will be selected based on their academic performance and also the performance that they put forward during their interview procedure.
Benefits Of Postdoctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates
The following financial benefits will be provided to the people who are applying for this prestigious scholarship scheme:
- Fellowship- Rs.38,800/–p.m. for fresh candidates. Rs.46,500/–p.m. after two years.
- Contingency A- Rs.50,000/-p.a. for five years
- Escorts/Reader assistance- Rs. 2000/- p.m. (fixed) in cases of PWD (Person with disability)
- The applicant must not have a job currently.
- 100 scholarship slots are available with a 5-year tenure.
- The candidates must have been awarded the Ph.D. degree to be eligible to apply (A provisional Certificate may be accepted in case the degree is not awarded).
- The candidate should be 55 years of age as of the last date of submission of the online application. There shall be age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD (Persons with Disabilities for 5 years.
- In the case of the general category minimum of 55% of marks at the UG level and a minimum of 60% of marks at the PG level. For reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PWD), a minimum of 50% of marks at the UG level and a minimum of 55% of marks at the PG level.
- Candidates applying for PDFs must upload the No Objection Certificate from the proposed research centre duly signed by the HOD and Registrar/Principal/ Director of the University/College/Institute as per Annexure-I.
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per the Govt. of India norms.
Also Check: Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship
Selection Procedure for UGC Postdoctoral Fellowship
- The online applications received will be scrutinized by the screening committee.
- Later, the short-listed candidates will be called to appear before the Commission’s selection committee.
- No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview with the candidates.
- The decision of the Commission will be final.
- The award is subject to UGC guidelines and will be effective from the actual date of joining the University/Institution.
- The last date for joining the award is one month from the date of issue of this letter, failing which the award will be treated as cancelled.
- The Commission reserves the right to withdraw/cancel the award without assigning any reason.
UGC Post Doctoral Fellowship For Women Candidate Apply Online
- You will first have to visit the official UGC website of the University Grants Commission by clicking on the link given here.
- The Guidelines PDF related to this fellowship will open on your screen and we request the students check out the major information accordingly.
- You have to now click on the apply online button present on the homepage.
- The application form will open on your screen.
- Enter all of the details and upload all of the documents to successfully submit the application form.
- University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
- New Delhi – 110002.
- 011-23604446, 011-23604200
UGC Post Doctoral Fellowship FAQs
How can I apply for the UGC Post Doctoral Fellowship For Women Candidate?
You need to visit the official website of UGC and click on the option of your scholarship to apply accordingly.
What is the eligibility for the UGC Post Doctoral Fellowship For Women Candidates?
The applicant must be unemployed if they want to apply for this fellowship program. Make sure that you follow the eligibility criteria elaborated above.
What are the benefits of the UGC Post Doctoral Fellowship For Women Candidate?
The people will be provided a monthly salary if they are applying for this prestigious scholarship program and you also will be provided experience.
What is the selection procedure for the UGC Post Doctoral Fellowship For Women Candidate?
The candidates will be shortlisted based on the experience that they have accumulated over the period of time and also their performance.
What do you mean by the UGC Post Doctoral Fellowship For Women Candidate?
UGC Post Doctoral Fellowship For Women Candidate 2023 is a fellowship program that is provided especially for women candidates who are pursuing PHD courses in different universities across India.