Post Doctoral Fellowship is a high level of education and the most prestigious level of education. Students who complete their master’s will go for a PhD for research work on a particular topic. Now a fellowship opportunity is announced for Ph.D. degree holders by the University Grant Commission. The students will need to apply for the Dr. S Radhakrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship 2024 to do research work on a specific topic for a duration of 3 years, under the supervision of a mentor or supervisor from the recognized university or college for proper guidance and mentorship.
Students who apply under this fellowship scheme must ensure that they are unemployed or not enrolled in any other UGC Fellowship scheme otherwise they are not eligible for this Dr S Radhakrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship 2024. Scholars who want to know more about the fellowship must read the article completely.
What is Dr S Radhakrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship
The University Grant Commission is introducing a Dr’s Radhakrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023 for the Ph.D. degree holder from the following subjects: Science, Engineering, Technology, Humanities, or Social Science, including a language from the Indian institution. Young researchers will get an opportunity to expand their knowledge and research work under the guidance of mentors. There are 900 slots available for Ph.D. holders to do research from a recognized university.
- Selected scholars get financial assistance which should be used for research work in the laboratory to buy minor equipment and laptops under Rs. 50,000.
- The duration of the fellowship will not extend after its completion. Students are allowed to take 30 days leave including public holidays. Maternity\Paternity leave is also given according to norms of the government of India.
Also Check: National Fellowship for OBC
The objective of Dr S Radhakrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship
Students who completed their Ph.D. in Science, Engineering, Technology, Humanities, or Social Science, including a language from an Indian institution will be able to apply for a UGC Fellowship to research the following topics to enhance their research work, learn new skills, techniques, use lab equipment with more efficiency and most importantly they get chance to work under the supervision of mentors. Reaching is a diverse field that is getting deeper day by day. Every hour new research work is released for the betterment of human and animal welfare.
Highlights of Dr S Radhakrishnan’s Postdoctoral Fellowship
|University Grant Commission
|Name of Fellowship
|Dr S Radhakrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023
|To offer an opportunity to do research work
|Get fellowship, contingency grant for 3 years
|Post-doctoral degree holder students
Benefits of Radhakrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship
The scholars will get the following benefits under the UGC Fellowship Scheme:
- The University Grant Commission is introducing a Dr S Radhakrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023 for the Ph.D. degree holder from the following subjects: Science, Engineering, Technology, Humanities, or Social Science, including a language from the Indian institution.
- The students will need to apply for the Dr. S Radhakrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023 to do research work on a specific topic for 3 years, under the supervision of a mentor or supervisor from the recognized university or college for proper guidance and mentorship.
- There are 900 slots available for Ph.D. holders to do research from the recognized university.
Also Read: Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship
- Selected candidates will receive the following financial assistance for their research work:
|Type of Reward
|Rs. 50,000\- per month
|Rs. 50,000\- per annum
|Rs. 3,000 per annum is fixed for PWD case
Guideline for Utilising Contingency Grant
- The candidate needs to use a contingency grant to buy minor equipment for lab work or a computer less than Rs. 50,000/-
- Chemical and other research-specific items within the ceiling of Rs. 1 lakh per annum with the approval of host university\institution.
- Scholars need to return the item to the university institution after the completion of the fellowship.
The fellowship didn’t cover additional amounts for medical facilities, scholars may get the medical assistance available under the university.
Hostel accommodation is offered by the host institution\university to the scholars. Scholars need to pay the hostel accommodation fees excluding mess, eclectic bill, water charges, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for Dr S Radhakrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship
The scholars need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria before applying under the UGC Fellowship Scheme:
- Scholars must be permanent residents of India.
- The age of scholars should be below 35 years. 5% age relaxation will be given to the students belonging to SC\ST\OBC\Women\PWD\Transgender.
- Candidates must complete their post-doctoral degree from a recognized UGC university/institution in India.
- Candidates should not be involved in any job or service and will be eligible for the fellowship.
- If you are already enrolled under another UGC Fellowship scheme, then you are not eligible for this fellowship.
- The unemployed candidate holding a Ph.D. degree in the following fields are eligible for a fellowship: Science, Engineering, Technology, Humanities, or Social Science, including a language from the Indian University\Institution
- Students from the general category should avail 55% marks or equivalent marks in their post-graduation and 5% relaxation will be given to SC\ST\OBC\Women\PWD\Transgender.
- Candidates should work under the guidance and mentorship of a supervisor\mentor from the recognized university\institute.
Dr S Radhakrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship Apply Online
Scholars need to follow the given steps to apply under the Dr S Radhakrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023:
- Applicants need to visit the Official UGC Website of the University Grant Commission.
- The homepage will appear on your screen, here you have to click on the UGC offered scholarships option.
- Now a new page will appear on your screen, where all the UGC-granted fellowships are available.
- Click on the Dr S Radhakrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023 and read the guidelines for full information.
- After that click on the Registration button to fill out the form.
- Under the registration form, you have to provide your personal information, educational information or other details.
- Now upload the needed documents to complete the form.
- After that you have to click on the Submit button.
S Radhakrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship Login
- After the successful completion of registration, you will receive an email by firstname.lastname@example.org with the Scheme login credentials.
- Now enter the login details in the login column.
- User id. Password and Captcha code.
- And click on the Login button.
- The application of the applicant will be analyzed by at least 3 referees chosen by UGC on the basis of the research proposed.
- The candidate’s accomplishments at the doctoral level, the mentor’s prominence in the field, and the location of the postdoctoral research center are all considered in the evaluation.
- The final result will be announced by the referees to the official website of UGC.
- Through the UGC website, selected candidates can download their award letters.
- The entire procedure would be paperless and similar to that used for handling and evaluating manuscripts by prestigious international magazines. Interim inquiries won’t be answered.
- The Commission retains the ability to revoke or rescind the fellowship award without providing a reason.
- Address: Radhakrishnan UGC Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- For General Query: 011-23604504, email@example.com
- For Technical Query: 079-23268279, firstname.lastname@example.org
Radhakrishnan Fellowship FAQs
What is the motive for introducing Dr. Radhakrishnan’s UGC Post-Doctoral Fellowship?
Scholars will be able to apply for UGC Fellowship to research the following topics to enhance their research work, learn new skills, and techniques, use lab equipment with more efficiency, and most importantly get a chance to work under the supervision of mentors.
Who can apply for this fellowship?
Candidates must complete their post-doctoral degree from a recognized UGC university\institution in India in the following fields: Science, Engineering, Technology, Humanities, or Social Science,
What is the official website to apply for Dr. S Radhakrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship?
The official web portal to fill out the online application form you may visit at https://www.ugc.gov.in/