Scholarships for Engineering Students 2023 are provided in order to help the students to pursue engineering courses in various institutes available in India and will help them to continue their education without having to worry about the financial differences that they are currently going through. Students can fill out the application form for the scholarship by visiting the official National scholarship portal or they can directly submit the scholarship application to their school authorities.
This scholarship will provide financial assistance to the students and the students will be able to continue their education thereafter with the help of the financial assistance. Students can check out the major information about the scholarships available for engineering students from the article given below:
About Scholarships for Engineering Students
There are numerous scholarships available for engineering students in India whether they are available from the Indian government or the state government but these scholarships offer a lot to the students who are pursuing engineering courses in India. If you are planning to take admission in any type of engineering course then we request you to go through the scholarships available because sometimes you can find the perfect match for your financial capabilities.
- The students who are coming from the economically backward section of the society can apply for the scholarships available by the central government and they will be eligible to receive the financial assistance directly to their bank accounts.
- Do not forget to apply for the scholarship before the last date of your academic year and get financial assistance accordingly.
Also Read: NSP Merit List
Objective of Scholarships for Engineering Students
The main objective of the development of the different types of scholarship programs available by the central government is to help the students to contain their higher education. The students are sometimes not able to continue their education because they do not have the proper resources to pay their application fees or examination fees. The students can fill out the application form for the scholarship by visiting the official website of the national scholarship portal and they will be eligible to also check the application status through the official NSP portal.
- The scholarships will not only provide financial assistance but it will also provide motivation to the students so that they can complete their Engineering on time and get a major role in MNCs.
Key Factors of Scholarships for Engineering Students
- This scholarship will help the students to continue their education without having to worry about the financial resources that they need in order to complete their engineering degree in India.
- The students will be provided financial assistance as well as motivation to complete their education and they will be able to get a career after they have completed their degree with the help of the scholarship.
- The human resource development of the state will be progressing fast through the development of these scholarship schemes presented by the Indian Government and the state government.
- The financial assistance will be directly provided to the bank account of the beneficiaries and the beneficiaries can also get free-of-cost engineering degrees through the development of the different types of schemes.
Also Check : Scholarship for Polytechnic Students
Types of Scholarships
Scholarships for Engineering Students – Funded by Central Government
|Scholarships for Top-Class Education for Students with Disabilities||Provider||Application Period*|
|Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities||Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India||July to September|
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS (Minorities)||Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India||July to September|
|Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India||July to October|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles||Welfare and Rehabilitation Board, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.||July to October|
|Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India||July to October|
|Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students||Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India||July to October|
|Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Post-Matric||Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India||July to October|
|S.N. Bose Scholars Program||SERB, DST (Govt. of India), IUSSTF & WINStep Forward||September to October|
|AICTE PG (GATE/GPAT) Scholarship||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)||June to August|
|AICTE-National Doctoral Fellowship Scheme||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)||April to June|
|Digital India Internship Scheme||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India||April to May|
|Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF)||Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India||February to April|
|Khorana Program for Scholars||Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)||December to January|
Scholarships for engineering students – Funded by State Government
|Scholarship Name||Provider||Application Period*|
|PRERANA Post Matric Scholarship for ST/SC/OBC/SEBC/EBC Communities||Government of Odisha||July to October|
|Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities, West Bengal||Government of West Bengal||July to September|
|Post-matric (Other Than Intermediate) Scholarship for OBC, Uttar Pradesh||Backward Class Welfare Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh.||July to August|
|Post-matric (Other Than Intermediate) Scholarship for Minorities, Uttar Pradesh||Social Welfare Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh.||July to August|
|Post-matric Scholarship for Disabled, Maharashtra||Social Justice & Special Assistance Department, Government of Maharashtra||June to December|
|Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship, Maharashtra||Social Welfare Commissionerate Office, Government of Maharashtra||June to December|
|Book Bank for SC Students, Maharashtra||Social Justice and Special Assistance Department, Government of Maharashtra||June to December|
|Technical Education Scholarships for PG/Degree/Engineering Courses, Himachal Pradesh||Directorate of Technical Education, Vocational & Industrial Training, Government of Himachal Pradesh||June to December|
|Professional Training Allowance and Subsistence Stipend Attached to the Hostel Students||Social Justice and Special Assistance Department, Government of Maharashtra||June to December|
|Nagaland State Merit Scholarship||Department of Higher Education, Government of Nagaland||June to July|
|Rajasthan Yuva Vikas Prerak Internship Program (RYVP)||Government of Rajasthan||April to June|
|NEC Merit Scholarship NER||Directorate of Higher Education, Government of Tripura||March to April|
Scholarships for Engineering Students – Private Funded
|Scholarship Name||Provider||Application Period*|
|Keep India Smiling Foundation Scholarship Programme||Colgate-Palmolive (India) Ltd.||June to January|
|Energy & Mobility for the Future Scholarship||KPIT||July to September|
|Gaurav Foundation Scholarship||Gaurav Foundation||July to October|
|Harish-Chandra Research Institute Visiting Students Program in Physics||Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad||July to October|
|Baba Gurbachan Singh Scholarship Scheme||Sant Nirankari Mandal||July to September|
|Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship||Sitaram Jindal Foundation||Runs all through the year|
|Siemens Scholarship Program||Siemens India||July to August|
|HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship||HDFC Bank||June to August|
|Swami Dayanand Education Foundation Merit-cum-Means Scholarships||Swami Dayanand Education Foundation||June to August|
|DST and Texas Instruments India Innovation Challenge Design Contest||Texas Instruments in collaboration with Department of Science and Technology (DST)||June to August|
|Nurturing Brilliance Cummins Scholarship Program||Cummins India Foundation||June to August|
|Sahu Jain Trust Loan Scholarship||Sahu Jain Trust||June to August|
|Yashad-Sumedha Scholarship Programme||Sumedha in partnership with Hindustan Zinc Limited, Udaipur||July to September|
|National Scholarship Exam||National Institute of Career Education Foundation||June to September|
|North South Foundation (NSF) Scholarship||North South Foundation||June to September|
|Foundation for Excellence Scholarship||Foundation for Excellence||September to December|
|IndusInd Foundation Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||IndusInd Foundation||June to September|
|OP Jindal Engineer & Management Scholarship||O.P Jindal Group||June to August|
|GV School Development Programme (GVSDP), VIT Scholarships||Vellore Institute of Technology||January to March|
|SEST Shoolini Engineering Scholarship Test||Shoolini University||February to April|
|All India Engineering Entrance Scholarship Examination (Primary)||Brainzstorm Technical Excellence Pvt. Ltd.||January to March|
|Amrita Entrance Examination-Engineering (AEEE)||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham||January to March|
|Marubeni India Meritorious Scholarship||Marubeni India Private Limited||November to January|
|M-Scholarship||Magma Fincorp||June to August|
|Vidyasaarathi-SNL Bearings Scholarship (B.E/B. Tech)||Vidyasaarathi in association with the SNL Bearings Ltd||May to July|
|Shubh Aarambh Scholarship||Mondelez International||June to August|
|JSPN Scholarship||Jaya Satya Pramoda Nidhi||June to July|
|KIET Group of Institutions Merit Scholarship||KIET Group of Institutions, Uttar Pradesh||June to July|
|G.P. Birla Education Foundation Scholarship||G.P. Birla Educational Foundation||June to July|
|DAIICT Admission Cum Scholarship||Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology||May to July|
|RGIPT M.Tech Fellowship||Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology||April to June|
|NIU Scholarship cum Admission Test||Noida International University||April to May|
|Padala Charitable Trust Scholarship||Padala Charitable Trust||April to May|
|IISc Summer Fellowship in Science and Engineering||Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore||March to April|
|Chandigarh University Scholarship and Admission Test (CU-SAT)||Chandigarh University||March to April|
|Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan Admission Test (SAAT)||Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University||March to April|
|Ajmal National Talent Search (ANTS) Examination||Ajmal Foundation||February to March|
|GITAM Admission Test (GAT)||GITAM University||February to March|
|Indian Engineering Olympiad||GATEFORUM Engineering Success||December to January|
|AOEC Talent Test||Academy of Engineering Competence||December to January|
|Vel Tech Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship||Dr RR & Dr SR University||December to January|
|Karunya Varsham Scholarship||Lourdes Matha College of Science & Technology||December to January|
Scholarships for Engineering Students – Especially for Girls
|Scholarship Name||Provider||Application Period*|
|Dr Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship||Dr Reddy’s Foundation||June to August|
|Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship (JBNSTS), West Bengal||Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS), Kolkata||May to July|
|L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship||L’Oréal India||May to July|
|UGAM – Legrand Scholarship Program||Legrand India||June to July|
|Tata Housing Scholarships for Meritorious Girl Students||Tata Housing||February to March|
|RWTH International Academy – Women in Engineering Scholarship||RWTH Aachen University, Denmark||January to March|
|Indo-U.S. Fellowship for Women in STEMM||Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and Indo-U.S. Science & Technology Forum (IUSSTF)||January to February|
- North South Foundation (NSF) Scholarship- The scholarship is created for people who have completed their class 12th education and want to pursue engineering courses in India. This scholarship will be provided for up to Rupees 25000 so that they can continue their engineering courses in India. This scholarship is only available for students who have an annual income of less than rupees 90000 and are coming from the economically backward section of society.
- IET India Scholarship Awards 2023- The scholarship is created for the people who are currently pursuing the first, second, third, and fourth year of their undergraduate engineering program available in India but this program must be approved by UGC or AICTE Organisation in order to be considered for the scholarship program. The students will be provided Rs 1 lakh and a certificate in order to continue their education in the organization.
- Swami Dayanand Education Foundation Merit-cum-Means Scholarships- The scholarship is created for people who are currently pursuing engineering, IT, pharmacy, medical and architecture courses from a recognized government or private institutions in India. The people will be provided 50000 rupees per year in order to continue their education in the engineering courses.
- Yashad-Sumedha Scholarship Programme- This scholarship is only available for people who are coming from the economically backward section of society and do not have the proper resources in order to continue their education in India. The students will be provided 20000 rupees per annum in order to continue their education if they are studying in the first semester of the BTech programme at any government college.
Also Read: Central Sector Scholarship
- The students will be provided with this scholarship only if they are coming from the economically backward sections of society and have proper resources when they are pursuing engineering courses in India.
- The applicant must have taken admission in engineering courses available in prestigious universities in India which are approved by UGC or AICTE organization.
- The students will be selected on the basis of their performance in the academic examinations that they have taken in India and they will be provided the scholarship on the basis of their financial capabilities.
- The applicant must submit the application form as soon as possible in order to get the benefit of the scholarship and they must follow the eligibility criteria also.
- The candidates will first have to visit the official National Scholarship website of the national scholarship portal by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen.
- Click on the option called New Registration
- The instructions will open on your screen.
- Tick mark the declaration.
- Click on the “Continue” option.
- Enter all of the details.
- Enter name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank details etc.
- Enter the captcha code y
- Click the “Register” option.
- Now you have to log in using your credentials.
- Click on the option called Application Form
- The application form will be displayed on the screen
- Enter details including the State of Domicile, Name of the student, Date of Birth, Community/ Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar card Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID etc.
- Click on “Save & Continue”
- Upload the documents.
- Click on “Final Submission’’
- The application form will be successfully submitted
How to apply for Scholarships for Engineering Students?
The applicant must visit the official website of the national scholarship portal in order to apply for this scholarship which is available online but if you want to apply for this scholarship offline then you need to talk to your academy officers.
What is the eligibility for the Scholarships for Engineering Students?
If you want to apply for the different types of Engineering schemes available by the Indian government then you will have to first take admission in engineering courses available in India and then you need to apply for the scholarship accordingly.
What is the benefit of the Scholarships for Engineering Students?
The applicant will be provided financial assistance and they will also be able to continue their engineering courses without the compulsion of paying the application fees and tuition fees.
How to check the status of the Scholarships for Engineering Students?
If you want to check the application status then you need to visit the official website of the national scholarship portal and you need to click on the option called previous year application status in order to check the application status using your roll number.