Many times we see small children working with their parents in construction areas, whether it is the construction of buildings, bridges, or roadsides. When you ask them about their study or school they just say that we don’t have enough money to send our children to school, whatever we earn all goes for our survival. It is an extreme condition in our country. The Karnataka State Building and other construction workers’ Welfare boards take a great initiative for the children of Karnataka construction workers by implementing Karnataka Construction Workers Children Scholarship 2023.
It is not only a scholarship for these children but also a step closer to their bright future and providing a better lifestyle. Now the children of construction workers will receive financial assistance. Children who want to study must visit the official website of the Karnataka Construction Workers’ Children Scholarship to grab this opportunity and live their dream.
Importance of Karnataka Construction Workers Children Scholarship
The CM of Karnataka Mr. Basavaraj Bommaihas introduced Karnataka Construction Workers Children Scholarship for registered construction worker children in order to provide them with scholarships in online mode through the portal. All the eligible students who are enrolled in Karnataka schools will receive financial help for their education from class 1st to Post graduation. Now you don’t have to worry about your educational expenses, it all is covered under the scholarship.
- Students will receive Rs. 2,000/- to Rs. 25,000/- according to the class they enrolled in. If you want to apply for the scholarship then you should fulfill all the eligibility criteria given below and fill out the application form online mode.
- This scholarship is basically a life-changing opportunity for the children of construction workers who are permanent residents of Karnataka.
Also Check: LIC HFL Vidyadhan Scholarship
Key Highlights of Karnataka Construction Workers Children Scholarship
|Launched By||Karnataka State Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board|
|Name of Scholarship||Karnataka Construction Workers Children Scholarship 2023|
|Objective||To provide scholarships for education|
|Benefits||Scholarship from Rs. 2000\- to Rs.25000\-|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students of Karnataka from class 1st to Post Graduation|
|Mode of Payment||DBT|
|Selection Criteria||Merit and Need Basis|
Objective of Construction Workers Children Scholarship Karnataka
The main aim of the Karnataka Construction Workers Children Scholarship 2023 is to offer financial assistance to the children of Karnataka construction workers so they enroll their children in school for receiving a good quality education. Because education is a way to make you a successful person. No parent wants their children to be uneducated for struggling in life for money or you can say for a better lifestyle. But to make them educated money plays an important role and not everyone can afford it. So, this scholarship focuses on the children of Construction Workers, to provide them with help so they do study and not feel like outsiders.
Also Read: First Graduate Scholarship
If you want to register under the scholarship. Then you have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria which are given below:
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of Karnataka.
- Parents of the children must be construction workers of Karnataka.
- From a family, only two children are eligible for the benefit.
- There shouldn’t be any board dues owed by the workers.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a reputable school in Karnataka at the time of application.
- Online, home study, and distance learning courses are not eligible.
- Students from class 1st to Post graduation are eligible for the scholarship.
Karnataka Construction Workers Children Scholarship Apply Online
- Students who want to apply must go to the State Scholarship Portal’s Construction Workers Scholarship to submit an application for a scholarship.
- A homepage will appear on your screen.
- To establish a new account, you must click on the Create Account option on the home page.
- You will be prompted to choose Do you Have an Aadhaar on a new page.
- If you select yes, you must input the required information, including your name, gender, and Aadhaar number.
- You must input your ID number if you don’t want to.
- After reading the declaration, enter the security code and select the checkbox.
- The application form will open if you select the “go forward” option.
- Fill out and submit the application form.
- Choose the Karnataka construction worker children scholarship link after logging in to the portal.
- When you select Apply, the screen will display the form.
- Complete the form and upload the required papers.
- Once you have reviewed the application, you can submit it without making any modifications.
The following documents are needed for filling out the application form:
- Processing and Verification of applications (if required) by Senior/Labor Inspector
- Senior/Labor Inspector
- Information about Second Child’s Education
- Marks Sheet
- Employment Certificate
- First Child Photograph
- Second Child Photograph
- Bank Account Details
- Identification documentation or a Board-issued smart card (Attested Copy)
- The Labour Officer reviews and approves ration cards.
- Subscription certificate by SLI/LI
- The application’s final submission date will shortly be updated.
Benefits of Karnataka Construction Workers Children Scholarship
The eligible students will receive the following benefit from of this scholarship:-
- These scholarships will promote students whose parents work in construction to pursue their education without any problem.
- Scholarships will be given to students who studied in class 1st to 12th standard.
- Students from UG and PG courses will also receive the benefit.
- Amounts ranging from Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 30,000 will be provided in financial aid to students pursuing BE and MBBS degrees.
- While deciding whether to provide scholarships to successful students, the student’s grades will also be taken into account.
- This will encourage further education.
- Scholarships of between Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 15,000 will be awarded to students who earn 75% marks in their undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Class Wise Financial Aids Under Scholarship
Following are the scholarships awarded to each student in the class:
|Class||Amount of Scholarship|
Degree Wise Financial Aids Under Scholarship
The following scholarship amounts were given to each degree-seeking student:
|Degree||Amount of Scholarship|
|UG Degree||Rs. 10,000/-|
|B.E. or MBBS B.E||Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 25,000/|
|MBBS||Rs. 25,000/- to Rs. 30,000/-|
|PG Degree||Rs. 10,000/- to Rs. 20,000/-|
|PhD Degree||Rs, 20,000/-|
Marks Wise Financial Aids Under Scholarship
Following are the scholarship amounts awarded based on grades:-
|Marks||Amount of Scholarship|
|Class 10th with 75% Marks||Rs. 5,000/-|
|Class 11th/12th with 75% Marks||Rs. 7,000/-|
|UG Degree with 75% Marks||Rs. 10,000/-|
|PG Degree with 75% Marks||Rs. 15,000/-|
The scholarship is implemented by the Karnataka State Building and other construction worker’s Welfare boards for the children of Construction workers who are financially weak and cannot afford a good education. The students who will be selected under the scholarship will receive financial assistance from 2,000\- to 25,000\-. The amount of scholarship will vary according to the classes.
- Office Address:- Karnataka State Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board
- Kalyana Suraksha Bhavan, Banerghatta Road, ITI Compound, Dairy Circle,
- Bengaluru, Karnataka 560029
- Toll-Free No:- 155214
Faqs under Construction Workers Scholarship
Which department is responsible for the implementation of the Karnataka Construction Workers Scholarship 2023?
The Karnataka State Building and other construction workers’ Welfare boards are responsible for the implementation of the Karnataka Construction Workers Children Scholarship.
What are the features of the Karnataka Construction Workers Children Scholarship?
The following are some characteristics of this scholarship:-
The Karnataka Construction Workers Children Scholarship was established by the Karnataka State Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board.
The children of construction workers will receive this scholarship.
Moreover, scholarships will be given to individuals pursuing undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees.