Sports improve mental health by lowering the risk of depression and enhancing self-esteem and body image. Sports participation can have social benefits for participants as well as connections with teammates and a sense of belonging. Positive mental traits like responsibility, leadership, and determination can be taught to kids. To promote the sportsperson of our country the Indian Oil Corporation Limited has started a scholarship known as Indian Oil Sports Scholarship. The scholarship aims to motivate sports persons to do their best in this field and make our country proud.
There are multiple people who don’t consider sports as a profession and according to them, there is no future in sports. To change this mentality the Indian Oil Sports Scholarship will help in motivating the sports persons and provide them with financial assistance. In this article, we provide all the essential details such as objectives, benefits, eligibility criteria, and much more.
Importance of Indian Oil Sports Scholarship
The Employees Services Department of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. is giving young athletes the chance to participate in the Indian Oil Sports Scholarship. The scholarship is developed to boost the budding sports persons in India. The scholarship will be awarded to “Elite Scholars” and “Scholars,” respectively. It is an opportunity for all sports persons to motivate them to build their careers in this field or make our country proud at the international level. The scholarship will offer them some financial assistance which helps them in fulfilling their sports needs or day-to-day expenses.
- The scholarship will be offered to students who are interested in the following sports: Athletics, Chess, Badminton, Cricket, Hockey, Golf, Snookers and billiards, Tennis, and Table tennis. The selected applicant will receive Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 20,000.
Also Check: ONGC Scholarship
Overview of Indian Oil Sports Scholarship
|Launched By||Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.|
|Name of Scholarship||Indian Oil Scholarship 2023|
|Objective||To motivate sportspersons of our country|
|Benefits||Financial Assistance for motivation|
|Eligibility Criteria||Sports persons of our country between the age of 13 to 19 years|
|Mode of Application||Online/Offline|
Objective of Indian Oil Sports Scholarship
The main reason behind the implementation of the Indian Oil Sports Scholarship is to provide a platform for young sportspersons to explore the sports field and offer them financial assistance to help them in fulfilling sports expenses. Motivating the sports culture in our country is a great step. It will brighten the future of our country on a national or international level. There are many students who are talented in sports but due to low financial income can’t afford the fees for practicing or buying the tools.
Also Check: LIC HFL Vidyadhan Scholarship
Indian Oil Sports Scholarship Eligibility
Applicants need to follow the given criteria for applying under the Indian Oil Sports Scholarship:
- The applicant must belong to the age group of 13 to 19 years old.
- the original IOC-designated offices will verify the student’s documentation.
- The students must be enthusiastic about athletics.
- An application will be rejected if it is not determined to be in compliance with the terms and conditions.
- The students have no other scholarships, financial aid, or stipend rights from outside sources.
- The duration of the following year is extended by the first year’s performance.
- The third-year term will be increased based on the second year.
Benefits of Indian Oil Sports Scholarship
- The Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. introduced the IndianOil Sports Scholarship for the young talented sports persons of our country.
- The age of candidate must be between 13 to 19 years old.
- The Indian Oil Sports Scholarship will inspire the student to pursue a career in athletics.
- Also, it will produce a pool of athletes from which the company can choose its sports appointees.
- Students that participate in sports will be able to compete nationally for their nation.
- Students will succeed in realizing their aspirations of becoming outstanding athletes.
- Athletics, badminton, swimming, cricket, hockey, carrom, golf, snooker, pool, table tennis, and tennis are among the sports covered by this program.
There is a list of all the monthly stipends that the chosen candidates will receive:
|Category||1st year stipend||2nd year stipend||3rd year stipend|
|Elite Scholar||Rs. 15,000/-||Rs. 17,000/-||Rs. 19,000/-|
|Scholar||Rs. 12,000/-||Rs. 14,000/-||Rs. 16,000/-|
Indian Oil Sports Scholarship Apply Online
The following steps are followed to applying for the scholarship:
- First, applicants need to go to Indian Oil Company Ltd.’s official Indian Oil website.
- The homepage of the website will appear on your screen.
- You must select “IndianOil For You” from the home page.
- The option “IndianOil For Society” will appear in a drop-down menu.
- You need to select the “Indian Oil Sports Scholarship” option from a new list that will appear.
- Take the time to carefully read the notification or read this article for further details.
- Search for the online application link or go here.
- Open a new tab, read the disclaimer, and check the box.
- The form will appear on the screen after selecting the following option.
- Provide the details requested on the application form.
- Fill it out and include the required paperwork.
- After evaluating the application, submit it by clicking on the submit button.
Indian Oil Scholarship Application Form
- The applicants must submit their resume in the format specified on the official website, by adding a photo and information about their family.
- The applicants must also provide press clipping copies of their application and a certificate that has been certified by their state association or the head of their school or college.
- Send it to the address listed below after it has been successfully verified.
- D.V. Prashad DY. Email: email@example.com Manager (Admin) Indian Oil Bhavan, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd G-9, Ali Yavar Jung Marg, Bandra (East), Mumbai, 400051
- Aadhar Card
- Birth certificate
- A passport-size photo
- A mobile number
- Bank passbook
- The deadline for online application submission will be updated Soon
The implementation of the Indian Oil Sports Scholarship is a great step to motivate and encourage the young sportspersons of our country. Sport is a profession which is very well appreciated by people. According to many, it is not good to opt for it as a career. But they forgot the fact that it is sports and sportspersons who make our country proud among many countries. This scholarship will offer financial assistance to talented students for making their future in the area of sports.
- Address: Sports Cell, Employees Services Department, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.,
- Indian Oil Bhavan, G-9, Ali Yavar Jung Marg,
- Bandra(E), Mumbai 400 051 Phone No (022) 26447889 / 26447341 / 26447494
Indian Oil Sports Scholarship FAQs
What are the eligibility criteria for the Indian Oil Sports Scholarship 2023?
The applicant must belong to the age group of 13 to 19 years old. The original IOC-designated offices will verify the student’s documentation. The students must be enthusiastic about athletics and The students have no other scholarship, financial aid, or stipend rights from outside sources.
What is the mode of Application?
The mode of application is online or offline so you can choose both options.
What documents are required for the iocl sports scholarship?
if you want to apply for Indian Oil Sports Scholarship then you have to submit a birth certificate, Passport, passport-size photo, mobile number, and bank passbook document.