For all the students who are waiting for a scholarship program to fulfill their college or study expenses, the wait is over. Oil and Natural Gas Company Limited, under its CSR initiative, introduced ONGC Scholarship 2023. This scholarship is offered for all students who are pursuing Engineering, MBBS, MBA, or Master’s in Geophysics/Geology program. There is no caste barrier for the scholarship, students from Gen/OBC/SC/ST all are eligible for scholarships. A minimum of 60% in the 12th grade is required for engineering or MBBS programs, or a minimum of 60% in the graduation year is required for PG programs in geology, geophysics, or MBA. Less than INR 4.5 lakhs should be earned by the household annually from all sources.
Importance of ONGC Scholarship
The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) Foundation launched ONGC Scholarship for students who are enrolled in professional courses. The students who belong to the General category will acquire 500 seats and OBC students will also acquire 500 seats. The no. of seats will increase from 500 to 1000 for the students who belong to scheduled caste or scheduled tribe. Every year, the scholarship will award 2000 deserving students.
- To receive the benefits of a scholarship, you can apply for the ONGC scholarship program if you are an Indian national and are enrolled in the designated courses.
- The eligible students will receive the scholarship amount of Rs. 4000 per month during the duration of their studies. In total, a student will get Rs. 48000\- per year.
Also Check: SSP Scholarship
Key Highlights of ONGC Scholarship
|Launched By||Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited|
|Name of Scholarship||ONGC Scholarship|
|Objective||The aim is to offer financial assistance for scholarship|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students who pursuing professional courses|
|Amount of Benefit||Rs. 48000 per year|
Objective of ONGC Scholarship
The main aim of the ONGC Scholarship is to offer financial help for students who are studying professional courses such as Engineering, MBBS, MBA, or Masters in Geophysics/Geology. This scholarship will be an opportunity for students who can’t afford their college fees or other expenses. This scholarship will help to motivate and encourage them to complete their studies and achieve their goal.
ONGC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
There are criteria for the students who want to apply for the scholarship are given below:
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of India.
- Applicants should be pursuing professional courses such as Engineering, MBBS, MBA, or Master in Geophysics/Geology.
- Applicants must obtain at least 60% marks in the Class 12 board exams.
- The candidates’ GPA/CGPA should have been at least 6.0 out of 10.
- The age should not exceed 30 years.
- Students from the General, OBC, SC/ST, and generally underprivileged economic groups are eligible to apply for the ONGC scholarship.
- The applicants must be enrolled in normal, full-time studies.
- The institutions should receive approval from the AICTE, MIC, UGC, AIU, state educational bodies, state governments, and central governments.
- For students who fall within the OBC and general categories, the household income should not be more than INR 2,00,000.
- For students who fall under the SC/ST category, the household income cannot be more than INR 4,50,000 annually, or INR 37,500 per month.
Benefits of ONGC Scholarship
The recipients of this award will receive the following advantages:-
- The students who are selected under the ONGC Scholarship will get INR 4,000 per month, or INR 48,000 annually.
- Every year, the ONGC foundation selects around 1000 candidates from the SC/ST category, 500 students from the general category, and 500 students from the OBC category to receive the ONGC scholarship.
- At the time of application, the students should not be receiving benefits from any other scholarships.
- 50% of all available scholarships are set aside by the ONGC Foundation for female students.
Also Check: LIC HFL Vidyadhan Scholarship
ONGC Scholarship Apply Online 2023
You must follow the straightforward steps outlined below in order to apply for the scholarship through the online method:-
- First you have to visit the ONGC official website
- On a screen, the scholarship’s home page will appear.
- You must now select the Apply For The Scholarship option.
- Choose the scholarship option you want from the list that appears on your screen.
- On your screen, you’ll see the scholarship requirements.
- Carefully review the instructions, then check the declaration box.
- Now choose the Continue option.
- You’ll see the application form on your screen.
- Filling out the application is required.
- Fill out all the information pertaining to the various components of your personal data. Upload all required documents, then complete the application.
- Take a printout of the correctly completed form and deliver it to the appropriate office of the company.
Applications Procedure for Offline registration
You must follow the straightforward steps outlined below to apply for the scholarship offline:-
- To download the official PDF of the scholarship application form, you have to click on the given link here.
- Now you can print out the scholarship application
- Filling out the application form with all the required information.
- It includes the file with your application.
- Now close the application form.
- And send to the given address: Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Limited, Green Hills Tel Bhawan, Dehradun – 248 003
Documents Required for ONGC Scholarship
For consideration for this scholarship, the applicant must submit the following documents:-
- A passport-sized photo.
- Certificate of caste (It should be in the English or Hindi language)
- Evidence of age (either a birth certificate or class X mark sheet)
- Class XII grade reports (for students pursuing BE and MBBS)
- Graduation transcripts (for MBA and Master in geology/geophysics students)
- Certificate of annual income from the relevant authorities (It ought to be written in Hindi or English)
- Financial information including the beneficiary’s name, the bank branch, and the IFSC code
- A PAN card replica
- The ONGC Scholarship Scheme 2023 is now accepting applications.
- ONGC Scholarship last date is March 6, 2023.
ONGC Scholarship Selection Process
The following criteria will be used to select the applicant:-
- The selection of the applicants will be based on their academic ability and need for financial aid. The ultimate list of scholars is decided by the ONGC corporation. Based on their scores on the Class XII board exams, the team chooses the applicants for the BE and MBBS scholarships.
- Using their bachelor’s degree grades as a starting point, the team chooses applicants for an MBA or master’s in geology or geophysics.
- The applicants from BPL (Below Poverty Line) families will be given priority.
- Candidates from lower-income families will receive priority consideration from the selection committee.
- Address: ONGC Foundation, 8th Floor, Core III, Scope Minar, Laxmi Nagar, Delhi-110092
- Telephone: 011-22406856 (Office timing 10 am-5 pm)
- Email: email@example.com Email for general queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
ONGC Scholarship FAQs 2023
How many scholarships are offered through this scholarship program?
There are a total of 2000 ONGC Scholarships offered to deserving students.
How much does the scholarship cost annually?
Each chosen student will be given a yearly scholarship of INR 48,000 to help them finish their degree.
Is a bank account required to receive scholarship funds?
Yes, students must give accurate information about their bank account when applying for the scholarship in the manner specified in order to receive the direct benefit. It should be emphasized that the account is not a joint, minor, or current account.