All the students of Odisha who belong to financially unstable families and can’t afford higher education and waiting for a scholarship scheme from which they can apply to avail the financial benefit to continue their studies. So, here is good news for all, the Government of Odisha introduced the e Medhabruti Scholarship 2024. The scholarship aims to offer financial assistance for students for continuing their education. The students who are enrolled in UG/PG/Technical & Professional education courses will be able to apply for the scholarship. If you are someone who is looking for a scholarship scheme like e Medhabruti, then this is a scholarship for you. Here you will get all the necessary information like objectives, benefits, and eligibility.
Importance of e Medhabruti Scholarship
The government of Odisha implemented one more scholarship for the state’s meritorious students called the Odisha e Medhabruti Scholarship. This scholarship will offer Rs. 5,000 to Rs, 10,000 per year to all meritorious students. The amount of the scholarship will be dependent on the courses pursued by the students. And this scholarship amount will be distributed for the duration of academic courses. All interested will fill out the admission form before 31st January 2023. It is the last date for registration.
The distribution of application forms started on the 20th of December 2022. The students whose family income is more than 6 lakh per month are not able to apply for the scholarship. This is a great step taken by the government to encourage students to study and make their future better.
Also Read: SSP Scholarship
Key Highlights of e Medhabruti Scholarship
|Government of Odisha
|Name of Scholarship
|e Medhabruti Scholarship 2024
|To offer scholarships for education
|Financial help between Rs. 5000 to Rs. 10,000 per year
|The student’s family income cannot exceed 6 lakh per month
|Mode of Application
|e medhabruti scholarship 2023 last date
|22nd February 2023
Objective of the Odisha Medhabruti Scholarship Scheme
The main reason for the Medhabruti Scholarship is to offer financial assistance to the citizens of Odisha who belong to low-income families and can’t afford higher education. The students will receive financial help of Rs. 5000 to Rs. 10,000 per year according to the pursued courses. The students who are enrolled in UG/PG/Technical & Professional education courses will be able to apply for the scholarship. The scholarship amount helps the students in submitting their college fees or fulfilling other educational expenses. The government of Odisha always offers scholarship programs for students who cannot afford the high expenses of studies.
Medhabruti Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for applying for the scholarship are as follows
- The applicant must reside in Odisha permanently.
- The applicant must have obtained at least 60% on the prior qualifying exam.
- The applicant’s annual household income should not be more than Rs 6 lakh.
- Students may apply for the Medhabruti Scholarship Program during their first year of enrollment.
|Technical and Professional Programme
|Applicants must pass their + 3 degree or equivalent exam with 60% or more marks from a qualified Institute and study regular courses in one of the subjects (where scholarships are offered) in any of the recognized colleges/institutions/universities
|Technical and professional Programme
|Must be pursuing regular technical and professional courses in colleges or institutions recognized by the relevant regulatory authorities and have completed a +2 CHSE, CBSE, ICSE, or similar exam, or a +3 degree, or an equivalent 2- or 3-year program (only for MBA, MCA, MFC, or MSW).
The following documents are needed for registration:
- Aadhar card
- A residence permit
- Evidence of yearly income
- Results of the most recent qualifying exams
- Account information
- College ID card
Also Check: NMMS Scholarship
Benefits and Features of the Medhabruti Scholarship
The following advantages are available under the e Medhabruti Scholarship:
- The students of Odisha who belong to low-income families and cannot afford higher expensive education will be eligible for scholarships. This scholarship will help them to continue their education by providing financial assistance.
- The government of Odisha introduced the e Medhabruti Scholarship for the students of Odisha who are pursuing UG/PG/Technical & Professional education courses.
- The scholarship will offer e medhabruti scholarship amount of Rs.14500 annually for eligible students.
- Students would receive annual scholarships worth between Rs 5000 and Rs 10,000.
- Students will get the scholarship for the entire course duration during an academic year.
- This program is available to all students whose total household income is Rs. 6 lacs or less.
- According to the information, the government may increase the number of scholarships offered under a specific category, depending on the number of eligible students who applied.
|Medhabruti Junior Merit Scholarship
|Under the given courses the female candidate will receive Rs. 10,000\- per year for 2 years and the male candidate will receive Rs. 3000\- per year for 2 years
|Medhabruti Senior Merit Scholarship
|Under the given courses the female candidate will receive Rs. 3000\- per year for a duration of 3 years and the male candidate will receive Rs. 5000\- per year for a duration of 3 years
|Medhabruti PG Merit Scholarship
|Under the given courses the female candidate will receive Rs. 15,000\- per year for a duration of 2 years and the male candidate will receive Rs. 10,000\- per year for a duration of 2 years
|Medhabruti Technical And Professional Merit Scholarship
|Under the given courses the female candidate will receive Rs. 10,000\- per year for a duration available course and the male candidate will receive Rs. 10,000\- per year for a duration available course
Apply e Medhabruti Scholarship 2024
Follow the given steps to fill out the application form for the scholarship:
- Applicants first need to visit the Government of Odisha’s Medhsabruti official website.
- Before you, the home page will load.
- On the homepage, you must select the “Apply for Scholarship” option.
- You must click “Apply” under the Medhabruti PG Merit Scheme now.
- After that, you must select the “Register here ” option.
- A new page containing instructions will display before you. You must carefully read these instructions and choose the checkbox.
- You next need to click on the Agree option. A new set of instructions will then show.
- You must carefully read these instructions before moving on.
- A new page will now show up before you.
- You must input your Aadhaar number, name, date of birth, mobile number, email address, password, etc. on this page.
- Then you must click the “register” button. Next, you must log in to the site.
- Following that, you must select “Apply for Medhabruti Scholarship.”
- Next you must select the “Save as Draft” button.
- You must now select next to save and continue with the scholarship application.
- You’ll see a preview of the completed form.
- You must save this form to your computer and print it.
- The student must next submit the office copy of the application and other pertinent documentation to the school where they have been enrolled.
- Students must maintain a copy of their application on hand for future reference.
Renewal of Application Form for Previous Students
Here we provided some instructions on how to renew your Medhabruti Scholarship form so that you can apply for this scholarship in future classes as well.
- The students who have already applied for the scholarship and received financial assistance are required to renew their registration after the completion of every year.
- Because the scholarship is terminated once the deadline has passed.
- The student must complete the e Medhabruti Renewal form in order to keep the award.
- The renewal form is divided into three sections.
- In the first and second sections, applicants must provide personal information like Name, Course, Year, Aadhar Number, Address, Name of College, etc.
- In the third section, students must provide their bank account information.
Selection Criteria of e-medhabruti Scholarship Scheme 2024
If you want to qualify to avail the benefits under the e Medhabruti Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements.
- If a student fulfills all the eligibility standards provided above for the registration, then the possibilities of selection will be increased.
- The school or college principal must clear all the records of students.
- The list of marks obtained in various courses is provided, if you obtain that many marks then you will be selected.
- If the marks of two applicants are the same then the selection will be determined based on the annual income of the candidate’s family, while the preference will be given to the candidates with low family income
- The scholarship portal will reveal the merit list following the student’s selection.
Contact Details e Medhabruti Scholarship
- state scholarship portal Helpline (Toll-Free): 155335, 1800-345-6770
e Medhabruti Scholarship FAQs
Can one applicant receive more than one scholarship?
No, According to government regulations, a candidate may only receive one scholarship from the federal or state governments. For example, students receiving the PRERANA Scholarship from the SC & ST Welfare Department shouldn’t apply for the e-Medhabruti.
What requirements must the document meet in order to be scanned and uploaded?
The criteria for uploading documents are shown below.
The document should be in pdf format.
The maximum size for each scanned document is 2MB.
Every single document must be scanned in text form (Not in color format or picture format).
What documents are required for uploading?
A residence permit
Evidence of yearly income
Results of the most recent qualifying exams
College ID card