Telangana Overseas Scholarship is presented by the Minority Welfare Department of the Government of Telangana. The scheme is created in order to provide financial assistance to the students who are coming from the economically backward section of society but proper importance will be provided to the students belonging to ST, SC, and OBC categories. The students will be provided opportunities so they do not have to give any type of expenses. The scholarship will cover all of the expenses of the students including their tuition fees and also their living expenses.
If you have any type of health problem then also Health Insurance will be provided through the development of the Telangana Overseas Scholarship. This scholarship will be dep provided by the Telangana government only. Check out the major information about Telangana Overseas Scholarship 2023 from the article given below.
Importance of Telangana Overseas Scholarship
Telangana Overseas Scholarship is provided in order to help students coming from the backward section of society. If the students are suffering from various economic and financial situations and they will be provided with financial help so that they can go abroad to continue their education. All of the expenses of the students will be covered by the Telangana government so that they can enjoy their stay in a foreign country.
- Special preference will be given to the people coming from the backward caste and categories of society. Students who want to pursue a Ph.D. program of up to 5 years can pursue this scholarship also.
- The students will be able to get one of the best education in the world if they are applied for this scholarship without any extra cost from their end.
- The importance of this scholarship is for the people who do not have access to financial resources.
Also Check: Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Overseas Scholarship
Minority Welfare Department of Telangana has Released the Registration Date
The Minority Welfare Department Government of Telangana has announced the registration for Telangana Overseas Scholarship which will be started on 22nd August 2023 and the last date for the registration will be on 21st September 2023. It is advisable for all the candidates to register for this Telangana Overseas Scholarship 2023 between these two dates. After the end of registration, no one is allowed to do their registration. Special preference will be given to the students who belong to economically weaker sections and backward communities. The candidates who apply their age must be in between 35 years old before 26th October 2023.
According to eligibility criteria, candidates must score 60% marks in their graduation and achieve a qualifying score on the English proficiency test, Graduate Record Examination (GRE), or Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT).
Objective of Telangana Overseas Scholarship
The Telangana Overseas Scholarship will provide INR 20 lakh or the tuition fees as per the admission letter. The students will be able to get ticket charges for one-way economic tickets and visas will also be provided to the selected students. All of these facilities will be provided without any extra cost to all of the students. The objective of this scholarship scheme is to help people so that they can continue their education without having to worry about the financial differences that they are currently going through.
- Students will be able to apply for the scholarship as soon as they have secured the PhD admission in a foreign country.
- The students will be able to continue their education and build a career through the development of this scholarship.
The eligibility criteria for the Overseas Study Scheme for Minorities Scholarship 2023 are as follows:
- The applicant must belong to a minority community and be a native of Telangana state.
- The maximum age of the applicant should be 35 years as of 26th October 2023.
- The parental income of the applicant should not exceed INR 5 lakhs per annum.
- Only one student per family is eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The applicant must possess a valid passport.
- The applicant must have secured a minimum of 60% marks in the previous course (degree in Engineering) and post-graduation.
- The applicant must provide documents such as an Aadhaar card, passport copy, proof of enrollment in foreign universities, and a xerox copy of the bank passbook.
- The applicants are not allowed to change their courses after applying for the scholarship.
- The beneficiaries of the scheme must get admission to selected foreign universities between January to December 2020.
- 33% of the scholarship will be reserved for female students.
- Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Jain, and Parsi students can apply for scholarships from the US, Canada, UK, Australia, France, Germany, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand, and South Korea.
- The qualification criteria for the scholarship are:
- For PhD courses: 60% marks or equivalent grade in P.G. course in Engineering/Management/Pure Sciences/Agriculture Sciences/Medicine/Social Sciences/Humanities.
- For Post Graduate courses: 60% marks or equivalent grade in foundation degree in Engineering/Management/Pure Sciences/Agriculture Sciences/Medicine and Nursing/Social Sciences/Humanities.
Also Check: Ts ePass Scholarship
Amount of Scholarship
The following financial amount will be provided to the people who are applying for this scholarship:
- The total scholarship grant is up to INR 20 lakhs or as per the admission letter, whichever is less. The charges of one-way economic tickets and visas will also be granted to selected students.
- One-way ticket fare will be given to 50 eligible Christian minority students/graduates per year (to 25 students for the Spring season/25 students for the Fall season) to pursue postgraduate/doctoral studies abroad.
Types of the Scholarship
The following types of scholarships are provided to the people who are applying for the Telangana Overseas scholarship:
- Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi, SC Development
- Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi, ST Development
- Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities
- Mahatma Jyothiba Phule Overseas Vidya Nidhi for BC and EBC students
Also Check: Telangana Scholarship
Disbursement of the Scholarship
The applicant must follow the following steps in order to successfully get their scholarship delivered:
- To receive the Air Fare, students are required to upload the boarding pass and air ticket on the EPASS website.
- For the release of the 1st Instalment, students must upload the university ID card and form 1-94/i20 on the EPASS website.
- To receive the 2nd Instalment, students must upload their 1st-semester mark sheet on the EPASS website.
Benefits of Telangana Overseas Scholarship
- The scholarship covers full tuition fees, airfare, and living expenses.
- Selected candidates will receive a one-time settlement allowance of INR 10,000.
- Students will receive INR 20,000 as a monthly allowance for living expenses.
- Candidates will be provided with medical insurance coverage of up to INR 5 lakhs.
- The scholarship also includes expenses for visa processing, GRE/GMAT, and TOEFL/IELTS test fees.
- The scheme also provides a pre-departure orientation to selected candidates.
Telangana Overseas Scholarship Apply Online 2023
If you want to apply for this scholarship then you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:
- Go to the official Telangana ePass Portal by clicking on the provided link.
- A homepage will appear in front of you.
- Click on “Overseas Scholarship Services” at the bottom of the homepage.
- Choose the specific scholarship you want to apply for and click on “Registration” next to it.
- Register yourself by filling in the required information.
- Upload all the necessary documents.
- Submit the application.
The Telangana Government has established some compulsory criteria for the merit list selection process.
- Applicants are required to have taken TOEFL/IELTS and GRE/GMAT exams with a minimum score of:
- TOEFL – 60
- IELTS – 6.0 band score
- GRE – 260
- GMAT – 500
- The merit list will be generated based on the following weightage:
- Degree marks – 60%
- GRE/GMAT – 20%
- IELTS/TOEFL – 20%
If you want to check the application status then you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:
- Go to the official website of Telangana epass by clicking on the provided link.
- Once you reach the website, the homepage will appear on your screen.
- Scroll down to find the option “Overseas Scholarship Services” located at the bottom of the page.
- Click on this option to open a new page.
- On the new page, you will see a list of the various government Overseas scholarships available.
- Click on the option “Status/Upload” located next to the scholarship you applied for.
- This will take you to a new page.
- Enter your details and click on “Get Details”.
- The application status will be displayed on your screen.
Telangana Overseas Scholarship Login
If you want to log in to the official website then you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:
- First, click on the link given here to go to the official website of Telangana epass
- The homepage of the organization will open on your screen
- You have to click on the option called Dashboard Login present on the homepage.
- A new page will open on your screen.
- Enter the login details like user id and password.
- Now click on the login option.
The following documents will be required in order to successfully fill out the application form for the scholarship:
- Passport size photograph of the student
- GRE/GMAT or equivalent qualifying exam/test scorecard
- TOEFL/IELTS scorecard
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Caste Certificate from Mee Seva
- Aadhaar Card
- Income Certificate from Mee Seva
- Residential Certificate
- Passport copy
- Mark sheet from SSC/Inter/Graduate/PG Level
- Bonafide Certificate from the institute where the candidate studied last
- Ration card
- E-pass ID Number
- SSC Certificate, if any
- Admission offer letter from a Foreign University (I-20, letter of Admission or equivalent)
- Transfer Certificate
- Address: Project Monitoring Unit, SPIU, Ground Floor Damodaram Sanjeevaiah Sankshema Bhavan (DSS Bhavan), Masab Tank, Hyderabad
- Phone Number-
- General Issues: 040-23390228
- Technical Issues: 040-23120311
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telangana Overseas Scholarship FAQs
What is the Telangana Overseas Scholarship?
The Telangana Overseas Scholarship is a scheme offered by the Minority Welfare Department of the Telangana Government that provides financial assistance to minority community students from Telangana who wish to pursue postgraduate or doctorate courses in foreign universities.
Who is eligible for the Telangana Overseas Scholarship?
To be eligible for the Telangana Overseas Scholarship, a candidate must belong to a minority community, be a native of Telangana State, be below 35 years of age, and have a parental income of less than INR 5 lakhs per year. Additionally, the candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% in the previous course, possess a valid passport, and meet other criteria laid out by the government.
What are the benefits of the Telangana Overseas Scholarship?
The Telangana Overseas Scholarship provides financial assistance of INR 20 lakh or the tuition fees whichever is lower.
How can I apply for the Telangana Overseas Scholarship?
To apply for the Telangana Overseas Scholarship, candidates must visit the official website of Telangana epass and click on the “Overseas Scholarship Services” option. From there, they can select the scholarship they want to apply for and register themselves by filling out the required information and uploading the necessary documents.
What documents are required to apply for the Telangana Overseas Scholarship?
To apply for the Telangana Overseas Scholarship, candidates must provide a variety of documents, including their Aadhaar card, passport copy, proof of enrollment in a foreign university, a Xerox copy of their bank passbook, and more. The specific documents required may vary depending on the scholarship and the candidate’s eligibility.