PMC Scholarship is a scholarship scheme launched by the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC). This scholarship will be provided to the people who belong to the economically backward section of society and do not have proper opportunities so that they can continue their education after they have completed their schooling. People can apply for this scholarship if they come from an economically backward section of society and want to get admission to a good college and university. The scholarship will help the students to continue their education after their schooling without any problem or difficulty. PMC scholarship is only available to people who have scored more than 70 or 80% marks.
Objective Of PMC Scholarship
The PMC Scholarship aims to offer financial support. Financial support will be provided to the people who are coming from the backward section of society and do not have the resources to continue their education. If you belong to the backward category or you belong to the physically disabled category then you will be provided the opposite to take admission to a prestigious college in India. This scholarship will be available only to people who are achieving more than 80% of their marks in their board exams. The eligible students will receive a list of scholarships and then they can apply for these scholarships of their choice by checking out their future possibilities. The objective of the scheme is to support people coming from economically backward sections of society and to help them overcome their financial problems.
Also Check: MSCE Pune Scholarship
The applicant must follow very specific eligibility criteria in order to apply for the PMC DBT Scholarship scheme and given below we are sharing the important information about the eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be a resident of the area under the Pune municipal corporation.
- To apply for the Bharat Ratna Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Education scholarship, students must have obtained a minimum of 80% marks in SSC.
- Students must have scored at least 80% marks in the HSC examination to apply for Lokshahir Annabhau Sathe Yojana.
- The applicant must either belong to a backward class or study in Pune municipal corporation’s regular/night school.
- Applicants suffering from a 40% disability must score a minimum of 65% marks in the qualifying examination.
- To be eligible, students must have applied for further studies in a recognized university or institute.
Also Check: Mahadbt Scholarship
There are a lot of documents that are required in order to successfully fill out the application form for this scholarship and given below you can check out the information about the list of documents required:
- Address proof
- Previous year academic qualification documents
- Scanned image
- Scanned signature
- Bank account details
- Mobile number
- Valid email ID
- Other significant documents
Read it Also: Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship
Benefits of the Scholarship
There is a lot of financial assistance that will be provided for the help of the students and the students will be able to continue their education accordingly. You can check out the list of benefits from the pointers given below:
- Bharat Ratna Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Educational Scholarship: This scheme provides a one-time scholarship amount of Rs. 15,000 to students who have obtained at least 80% marks in the SSC (10th standard) examination. The scholarship is available only to residents of the area that comes under the Pune Municipal Corporation.
- Lokshahir Annabhau Sathe Education Scheme: This scheme provides a one-time scholarship amount of Rs. 25,000 to students who have obtained at least 80% marks in the HSC (12th standard) examination. To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must belong to a backward class or study in a regular/night school under the Pune Municipal Corporation.
- The scholarships will provide financial assistance to the student so that they can continue their education.
- These scholarships are only available for one-time use so the students will not be able to renew these scholarships.
PMC Scholarship Apply Onlne 2024
The application process for PMC Scholarship 2024 is as follows:
- Visit the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) Website.
- Click on the link called “Financial assistance scheme for SSC and HSC students for higher education”
- Read the information available on the page
- Go to the online application form-filling portal by hitting the click here to apply for the scheme link
- Select the New Registration option
- The form will open on the screen and enter the details like name, Aadhar number, mobile number, email ID, etc
- Complete the registration form and login with the portal by using your login ID and password
- Fill in all the required details.
- Attach all the necessary documents, such as mark sheets, caste certificates, income certificates, etc.
- Submit the application form and documents to the designated address or email ID.
- Make sure to submit the application form before the deadline mentioned on the website.
- Education Department,
- Pune Municipal Corporation,
- PMC Main Building,
- Near Mangala Theatre,
- Shivajinagar, Pune – 411005
- Call- 1800 103 0222
PMC Scholarship is a great scholarship for students because it has a lot of advantages that will make the students study further than their schools. Students who have low incomes will be provided the opportunity to continue their education through the development of this scholarship.
PMC Scholarship for Engineering Students FAQs
Who is eligible for the PMC Scholarship 2024?
Students belonging to underprivileged communities such as BC and PWD who have secured 70% to 80% marks in class 10th or 12th exams are eligible to apply.
What is the deadline for applying for the PMC Scholarship 2024?
The deadline for applying for the PMC Scholarship 2024 has not been announced yet. Applicants are advised to regularly check the official website for updates.
Can students pursuing diploma courses apply for the PMC Scholarship 2024?
No, only students who have passed the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) exams are eligible to apply for the PMC Scholarship.
How much scholarship amount is provided under the PMC Scholarship 2024?
Bharat Ratna Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Educational Scholarship provides a one-time scholarship amount of Rs. 15,000. Lokshahir Annabhau Sathe Education Scheme provides a one-time scholarship amount of Rs. 25,000.
What documents are required to apply for the PMC Scholarship 2024?
The documents required to apply for the PMC Scholarship 2023 include an income certificate, caste certificate, mark sheets from the previous academic year, and a passport-size photograph.