Joseph Mundassery Scholarship is presented by the Department of Minority Welfare of the Government of Kerala. The scheme will offer educational opportunities to the people who belong to the minority community. If you belong to the minority community of Christians, Buddhists, Jains, Sikhs, Muslims, and Parsis then you are eligible to apply for Joseph Mundassery Scholarship because this scheme is created in order to uplift the minority community. Financial assistance will be provided to the people who belong to the economically backward section of society through the development of this scheme.
The students will be able to pursue their education at the SSLC, Plus 2, and Vocational Higher Secondary Education levels. You can check out more information related to the scheme in the article provided below.
Importance of Joseph Mundassery Scholarship for Students in Kerala
The Joseph Mundassery Scholarship scheme provides financial assistance to economically weaker section students. Financial assistance will be provided to the people who are currently pursuing education in prestigious schools across the Kerala state. If you are currently pursuing education at the 10th, 12th, and vocational levels, you will be able to apply for the scheme. The schemes are created in order to provide a better environment for the people who are not able to complete their schooling due to financial differences.
- The scheme will provide an environment that is favorable for the people so that they are creating a better future for themselves and their families.
- People who are coming from the economically backward section of society can fill out the application form available for this scholarship scheme given below.
Also Check: District Merit Scholarship Kerala
Objective of Prof Joseph Mundassery Scholarship
The Department of Minority Welfare Government of Kerala has launched the Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Program. This scheme is created in order to help people who are suffering from financial difficulties that are hindering them to continue their schooling opportunities. If you are in your 10th, or 12th class then also you will be provided the opportunity to continue your education further.
There has been an increase in the dropout rate in the Kerala State so in order to help with this problem, a new scheme is created by the Kerala government which will encourage people to go to school. The people who are coming from the backward section of society will be provided financial funds so that they can pay their tuition fees and get equal opportunities in order to pursue higher education.
Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Joseph Mundassery Scholarship, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Kerala.
- He or she must have a bank account in their name at any nationalized bank.
- The candidate must belong to a minority community such as Christian, Buddhist, Jain, Sikh, Muslim, and Parsi.
- An applicant must be from a below-poverty-line family.
- The candidate must be pursuing studies in any government or government-aided school or institution.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed more than Rs. 8 lakhs per annum from all sources.
Also Check: Kerala LSS USS Scholarship
Rewards and Benefits under Mundassery Scholarship Joseph
The applicants will be provided with a lot of benefits if they are applying for this scholarship and given below we are sharing the details about Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Amount:
- Students who have achieved A+ grades in SSLC exams will receive a reward of Rs. 10,000 under the Joseph Mundassery Scholarship.
- Undergraduate students who have secured 80% or more marks will receive a reward of Rs. 15,000.
- Postgraduate students who have secured 75% or more marks will receive a reward of Rs. 15,000.
Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Apply Online
The applicants are requested to follow the following application procedure in order to successfully apply for the scholarship scheme:
- Visit the official DMW scholarship portal.
- Look for the link that says Prof. Joseph Mundassery Scholarship – (PJMS) and click on the apply online button.
- Register by filling in the required personal details, such as name, contact number, address, and bank details.
- After reading them carefully, create a login ID and password according to the website’s registration norms and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Upload a recent passport-size photo, the candidate’s signature, and other relevant scanned documents.
- Continue to complete the registration process and submit the application form.
Application Status of Scholarship Joseph Mundassery
Here are the steps to check the Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Status 2023:
- Visit the official website of the Department of Minority Welfare Government of Kerala.
- Look for the option to check the application status and click on it.
- Enter the application number and other required details in the provided fields.
- Click on the submit button to proceed.
- The application status will be displayed on the screen. It will show whether your application has been accepted, rejected or is under review.
- If your application is under review, you can check the status at a later date.
In conclusion, the Joseph Mundassery Scholarship scheme is launched by the Department of Minority Welfare Government of Kerala. It provides educational opportunities to economically weaker students belonging to minority communities such as Christians, Buddhists, Jains, Sikhs, Muslims, and Parsi. The selected students are rewarded with monetary benefits based on their academic performance.
- Address:- Supervisor, Directorate Of Minority Welfare, 4th Floor, Vikas Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram- 695033
- Helpline Number- 0471-2300524/ 0471-2302090
- Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org
Joseph Mundassery Scholarship FAQs
Who is eligible to apply for the Joseph Mundassery Scholarship?
Applicants must be permanent residents of Kerala, belong to a minority community, come from below-poverty-line families, and be pursuing education in a government or government-aided school or institution to apply for this scheme.
What are the benefits of the Joseph Mundassery Scholarship 2023?
The selected students will receive financial assistance based on their academic performance. SSLC students with A+ grades will be awarded Rs. 10,000, undergraduate students with 80% marks will receive Rs. 15,000, and postgraduate students with 75% marks will receive Rs. 15,000.
How can I apply for the Joseph Mundassery Scholarship?
Applicants can apply online by logging on to the official DMW scholarship portal and selecting the Prof. Joseph Mundassery Scholarship link. They can then fill in the required details, upload scanned documents, and submit the application form.
What is the last date to apply for the Joseph Mundassery Scholarship?
The last date to apply for the scholarship is yet to be announced. Applicants are advised to keep checking the official website for updates.
How can I check the status of my Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Application?
Applicants can check the status of their application online by logging on to the official DMW scholarship portal and selecting the Check Application Status link. They can then enter their application number and date of birth to view the status of their application.