CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship is available by the Central Board of Secondary Education to provide proper financial benefits to the students. Students who are single girl children can apply for the scholarship and get financial assistance. Students must be the only child of their children and must be studying in a particular organization to get a scholarship. The applicant must have gotten at least 60% marks in the class 10th board exams presented by CBSE. Students must be currently studying in class 11th or 12th in a particular CBSE-affiliated Organisation in India. Students can check out more information about the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship from the article given below. We will also share the eligibility.
Importance of CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship
The scholarship is very important for the people who are coming from the economically backward section of society. People who do not have particular financial assistance to continue their education. CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship will also provide financial assistance to the single girl child of a particular family. This scheme will definitely help in the empowerment of women in India. Girl students will be provided financial opportunities so that they can continue their higher education. Students who are not able to complete their class 12 board exams due to female discrimination can apply for this scholarship. Female beneficiaries will be provided financial assistance directly into their bank accounts.
Also Read: Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship
Objective of CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship
The main objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to students who come from the economically backward section of society. People who are not able to get opportunities due to discrimination can apply for the scholarship. The beneficiary must follow the eligibility criteria listed by the CBSE organization to apply for the scholarship. The last stage to apply for the scholarship is 18th October so you must submit your application form before that. This scholarship was launched by the CBSE Organisation on 18 September 2023 for the help of the single girl children of India.
Key Highlights of CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2023
|Name||CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship|
|Launched by||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Objective||Providing financial assistance|
|Beneficiaries||Single girl children|
- All Single Girl Students, who have secured 60% or more marks in the CBSE Class X Examination and are studying Class XI & XII in a School (affiliated with CBSE) whose tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1,500/- p.m. during the academic year, shall be considered for the purpose. In the next two years, the total enhancement in tuition fees in such schools shall not be more than 10% of the tuition fee charged.
- NRI applicants of the Board are also eligible for the award. The tuition fee for the NRIs has been decided maximum of Rs. 6,000/- per month.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to Indian Nationals only.
- The student must continue her school studies in Class XI and XII in school.
- Candidates who have passed the CBSE Class X Examination in 2023 will be considered.
- A Scholar under the scheme while availing scholarship can enjoy other concession(s) given by the school in which she is studying other organization(s).
Also Read: STEM Stars Scholarship
- Application form opens on 19th September 2023
- The last date to submit your application form is 31 October 2023 Extended
- The rate of scholarship shall be Rupees Five Hundred (Rs. 500/-) per month. A Scholarship awarded under the scheme shall be paid for a maximum period of two years.
- Payment will be made through ECS/NEFT
Benefits of the Single Girl Child Scholarship CBSE
- Financial benefits will be provided to the beneficiary which they can use to continue their education in class 11 and class 12.
- Motivation will be provided to the beneficiaries which they can use to continue their higher education even after completing class 12.
- The financial assistance will be directly transferred to the bank account of the beneficiaries without any delay.
- There will be an upliftment of women by using the Single Girl Child Scholarship presented by the CBSE organization.
Also Read: Legrand Empowering Scholarship
- Students should have passed the Class X Examination from the CBSE and secured 60% or more marks.
- For Renewal: Should have received the CBSE Single Girl Child Merit Scholarship last year and should have been a student of CBSE in class XI in the previous year and have scored 50% or more marks in Class XI and promoted to class XII
- Pursuing Class XI & XII from CBSE-affiliated Schools.
- Students (Girls) should be ONLY CHILD of their parents.
- Tuition fee should not be more than Rs. 1,500/- per month in Class X and 10% enhancement for Class XI & XII.
- All the applications must be verified by the present school where the student is studying. In case applications are not verified the same will be rejected. The facility for processing the application is provided to the school where the candidate is studying
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Online Registration 2023
- You will first have to visit the official website of this scholarship by clicking on the link given here
- The home page will open on your screen
- Click on Guidelines and Application Forms for Single Girl Child Scholarship X 2023/Apply Online
- A list of menu will open on your screen.
- You have to click on the option called Apply OnlineOption present right next to the name of the scholarship.
- Click on fresh application and a new page will open on your screen.
- Enter your board roll number and date of birth.
- The application form will open on your screen.
- Fill out the application form and apply for the scholarship accordingly.
- Circular regarding Verification of online applications of Single Girl Child Scholarship 2023 (1.02 MB)
- Guidelines for CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Children Class X 2023 (190 KB) | Public Notice (664 KB)
- How to fill the online application by the applicant/How to verify the student’s SGCS-X Application by the school (493 KB)
- CBSE Call Centre 1800-118-002 (Toll-Free)
- Programmer (Scholarship) 011-22526745
- Email ID: email@example.com
How I can apply for the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship?
You have to visit the official website of CBSE at cbse.gov.in and click on the activated link to apply for the scholarship by following the steps given above.
What are the reasons for the rejection of the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship?
The rejection may be due to the Application not being in proper format and non-enclosure of relevant documents.
What is the definition of an SGC (Single Girl Child) applicant?
Single Girl child means a girl who is the only child of their parents and there is no brother or sister.
I am a single Girl in the family. I have one brother. Can I apply for a scholarship under the Single Girl Child Scheme?
No, As per the definition of Single Girl Children, you will not be considered for a scholarship under the scheme as single Girl children are those girl children whose parents have only one girl child and there are no other siblings.