The ADW Scholarship Scheme is an initiative of the Department of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare, Tamil Nadu. Scholarships will be provided to people who are coming from the economically backward section of society. The people who belong to the marginalized group will be able to apply for the scholarship easily through the development of this scheme. The scholarship will be provided by the state government and the students will be able to get the benefit of this scholarship directly to their bank account. Support will be provided to the students after they have completed their schooling education also. The students will be provided with the opportunity to continue their college. You just need to follow the eligibility criteria presented by the organization in order to apply for the scholarship.
About ADW Scholarship
The ADW Scholarship scheme provides support to students pursuing their education at two levels: school and college. The scheme offers a range of scholarships to students who meet the eligibility criteria set by the authorities. The eligibility criteria for the scholarships are based on the financial condition of the family, the educational qualifications of the students, and other factors.
Also Check: First Graduate Scholarship
Objective of ADW Scholarship
The main objective of the scholarship schemes presented by the organization is to cover expenses related to tuition and other study expenses. The students will be able to pursue their courses available in colleges and schools through the development of this scholarship. The scholarship amount will be directly transferred to the bank account of the beneficiaries through the development of this scholarship. The students can easily get the benefit if they are filling out the application form available on the official website. The authorities will select the candidates on the basis of their academic excellence. Sometimes the students are not able to continue their education due to the financial difficulties that they are going through. ADW Scholarship 2023 will eliminate any type of financial difficulty that the student is going through.
Eligibility Criteria under ADW Scholarship Programme
The applicant must follow very specific eligibility criteria in order to successfully fill out the application form for the scholarship of opportunity. The candidates can check out the major information about the eligibility criteria from the pointers given below and then they can fill out the application form accordingly:
- The applicant must be a resident of Tamil Nadu for at least five years.
- Applicants must belong to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, or Minority Muslim category.
- Converted Christians are also eligible to apply.
- Students from Classes I to Ph.D. level can apply for the scholarship.
- Higher education students must be self-funded.
- The family income of the applicant should not exceed Rs. 2 lakhs annually.
- Students in Class XI and XII must have a family income not exceeding Rs. 1 lakh per annum.
- Applicants seeking accommodation in ADW hostels must live more than 5km away from their educational institution.
- Applicants must have passed the required qualifying examination for admission to prestigious institutions.
- Education must have been obtained from qualifying schools such as Adi Dravidar Welfare Schools, GTR, Government or Government-aided schools.
ADW Scholarship Tamil Nadu Documents
There are a lot of documents that are required in order to successfully fill out the application form for the scholarship scheme. You can check out the details related to the documents that are required to fill out the application form from the pointers given below:
- Original Income Certificate
- A copy of the Category Certificate or Community Proof
- Xerox of the Bank Passbook of the Applicant
- Photocopy of the Aadhar Card of the Applicant
- Copy of Marksheet of Class X, if applicable
- Copy of Marksheet of Class XII, if applicable
- Xerox of the Transfer Certificate
- Certificate of Attendance in the respective institution
- Photocopy of Fees Challan
- School Students need to submit the required documents of their Parents or Guardians
Also Check: Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship
Registration Process Under ADW Scholarship
The applicants are required to fill out the registration form for the scholarship by following a very simple application procedure. The students can check out the step-by-step procedure to apply for the scholarship from the pointers given below and then they will be able to get the benefit of the scholarships accordingly:
- Go to the official Tamil Nadu ADW website of the Tamil Nadu state government
- Look for the “Services” section on the homepage and click on “Department Wise Services”
- Choose the Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department from the list of departments provided
- Click on “Online application for Scholarship” under the department’s services
- You will be directed to the Tamil Nadu e-District Scholarship System website
- Select the “Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Scholarship” option and fill in the registration form to create your account credentials
- Log in to your account using the login form
- Fill out the ADW Scholarship Application Form available on your dashboard and upload the necessary documents as instructed
- After reviewing your application, click on the “Submit” button
- It is recommended to print a copy of the application form for future reference.
- The applicant must first follow the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form.
- The candidate must belong to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, or a Minority Muslim category.
- The application form of the applicant will be evaluated based on academic excellence.
- The academic records of the students will also be taken into consideration.
- The selection procedure will also consider the performance of the student in extracurricular activities such as sports, cultural activities, community service, and leadership roles.
- The final decision on the selection of the student will be of the scholarship committee only.
- The students are not allowed to raise any objection to the final decision of the committee.
Tamil Nadu ADW Scholarship Benefits
There are a lot of benefits that will be provided in this scholarship presented by the organization and the applicants must submit the application form for the scholarship as soon as possible in order to get these benefits. You can check out the pointers given below in order to know more about the benefits that will be provided:
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe girls in Classes III to V will receive Rs. 500 yearly
- Girls in Class VI and above will get Rs. 1000 per year
- Students in Classes VII and VIII are eligible for Rs. 1500 per year
- Class X students who qualify will receive a stipend of Rs. 1850 per year
- Undergraduate students will get Rs. 7500 per year for the duration of their course
- Postgraduate and professional course students will receive Rs. 8000 per year
- Law graduates will be given Rs. 50,000 as a grant to prepare for practice.
Conclusion of ADW Scholarship
ADW Scholarship 2023 is offered by the Department of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare, Tamil Nadu, for students belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Minority Muslim categories. The scholarship is available for students pursuing education from Classes I to XII, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, and professional courses. We encourage eligible candidates to apply for the ADW Scholarship 2023 and emphasizes the benefits of availing of this scheme for their educational and personal growth.
Contact Details at adw scholarship tn gov in
- Address: Department of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare, Tamil Nadu, No. 300, Purasawalkam High Road, Kellys, Chennai- 600 010.
- +91-44-2642 3036, +91-44-2642 3037, +91-44-2642 3038, +91-44-2642 3039
Frequently Asked Questions under ADW Scholarship
Who can apply for the ADW Scholarship 2023?
Students belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, or Minority Muslim category and residing in Tamil Nadu for at least five years with a family income of less than Rs. 2 Lakhs annually, combined with all sources, can apply for the ADW Scholarship 2023.
Can students pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate courses apply for the ADW Scholarship 2023?
Yes, students pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate courses from recognized institutions in India are eligible to apply for the ADW Scholarship 2023.
What is the selection process for the ADW Scholarship 2023?
The selection process for the ADW Scholarship 2023 is based on academic qualifications, skills, achievements, personal statements, and recommendation letters.
Can candidates apply for multiple scholarship schemes simultaneously?
Yes, candidates can apply for multiple scholarship schemes simultaneously, but they can only avail of one scholarship at a time.
Is there an age limit for applying to the ADW Scholarship 2023?
No, there is no age limit for applying to the Tamil Nadu ADW Scholarship.
What is the eligibility criteria for the ADW Scholarship 2023?
Students must belong to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, or Minority Muslim categories. The applicant must be a permanent resident of the Tamil Nadu state with less than 2 lakh Rupees as annual family income.