A very new scholarship scheme has been implemented by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India, for the Scheduled Caste students called Umbrella Scholarship for Post Matric ST Students 2023 for Arunachal Pradesh. This Umbrella Scholarship for Post Matric ST Students will offer financial assistance to eligible students from the ST community to financially support their education. The Umbrella Scholarship was previously introduced from 1944 to 1945 and revised in April 2013.
Through the Umbrella Scholarship ST Students from all the professional, technical, non-professional, and non-technical courses will be eligible to avail the scholarship benefits. Interested students must read this article completely as here we will provide you with all the relevant information which includes: Objective, Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Deadline, and many more.
Overview of Umbrella Scholarship for Post Matric ST Students
The Umbrella Scholarship for Post Matric ST Students has been implemented in Arunachal Pradesh to offer financial assistance to eligible candidates. The scholarship scheme will offer professional, technical, non-professional, and non-technical courses at different levels. It also includes correspondence courses for continuing education and distance learning. The annual family income of the candidate should not be more than Rs. 2.5 lakh from all sources. Candidates from Scheduled Tribes who have passed the higher secondary, matriculation or any other exam-recognised university or board of secondary education are able to apply for an Umbrella Scholarship.
- Candidates are able to use scholarship amounts for study purposes which include, educational tours, thesis writing, hostel accommodation, and many more. Students who have received financial support from the government for coaching at any of the pre-examination training centers will not be eligible.
Also Read: Umbrella Scholarship Arunachal Pradesh
Objective of Umbrella Scholarship for Post Matric ST Students
The main aim of the Umbrella Scholarship for Post Matric ST Students is to financially support Scheduled Tribe Post Matric students to continue their studies without the financial burden. As there are many students who are focused on their life goals but the expenses of classes are not affordable for every individual. The selected students who are interested in higher education will be offered an amount of financial assistance. Through financial assistance, students will freely pay their educational expenses without the financial burden. Through the scholarship amount, many financially weak students can complete their studies. It will increase the literacy rate in the state.
Key Highlights of Umbrella Scholarship for Post-Matric ST Students
|Launched By||The Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India|
|Name of Scholarship||To encourage the meritorious or needy ST students to pursue Post Matrics|
|Objective||To encourage the meritorious or needy ST students for pursuing Post Matrics|
|Umbrella Scholarship for Post-Matric ST Students||Financial assistance of Rs. 12,00 and other benefits|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students from ST who are enrolled in Post Matric Courses|
|Deadline||30th November 2023|
- Students must be a permanent resident of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Students should be involved in Post Matric courses which include Class 11th to Higher level of studies.
- Students should belong to the Scheduled Tribe Community.
- The annual family income should not be more than Rs. 2.5 lakh from all the sources.
- Students should complete their matriculation, higher secondary, or any higher examination from a recognized university or Board of Secondary Education.
Benefits of Umbrella Scholarship for Post Matric ST Students
- The Umbrella Scholarship for Post Matric ST Students has been implemented in Arunachal Pradesh to offer financial assistance to eligible candidates.
- The scholarship scheme will offer professional, technical, non-professional, and non-technical courses at different levels.
- It also includes correspondence courses for continuing education and distance learning.
- Selected students will get financial help in the following manner: Fees for enrolment/registration, tuition, games, union, library, magazine, medical examination, and other fees.
- Students will get Financial assistance of Rs. 16,00 per annum as Educational tour.
- Research scholars will receive Rs. 16,00 for thesis writing and printing.
- Selected students will get an annual allowance of 1,200 for essential/prescribed books, besides reimbursement of course fees to correspondence course students.
Also Read: Tata Trust Scholarship
|Group||Courses||Hosteller (In ₹ per month)||Day Scholars (In ₹ per month)|
|Group 1||a) Degree and Postgraduate level courses including M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral research in Medicine (Allopathic, Indian and other recognized systems of medicines), Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Science/Applications b) Commercial Pilot License (including helicopter pilot and multi engine rating) course. c) Postgraduate Diploma courses in various branches of management & medicine. d) C.A./I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc.e) M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral Programmes (D. Litt., D.Sc. etc.) f) L.L.M. e) In Group 2 and 3||1,200||550|
|Group 2||a) Graduate/ Postgraduate courses leading to Degree, Diploma, or Certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B Pharma), Nursing (B Nursing), LLB, BFS, other paramedical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum Sr. Secondary (10+2) b) Postgraduate courses that are not covered under Group-I (e.g. M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./ M. Ed./M. Pharma etc.)||820||530|
|Group 3||All other courses leading to a graduate degree that is not covered under Group I & II (e.g. BA/B Sc/B Com etc.)||570||300|
|Group 4||All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class 10), e.g. senior secondary certificate (Class 11 and 12); both general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3-year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc.||380||230|
Students need to fill out their application form by the deadline which is on 30th November 2023.
The selection of eligible students will be done on the basis of their eligibility criteria and documents submitted with the application form.
- Caste certificate
- Passport-size photograph
- Income certificate
- Domicile certificate
Application Process for Umbrella Scholarship for Post-Matric ST Students
- Applicants first need to visit the https://www.buddy4study.com/scholarship/national-scholarship-for-post-graduate-studies
- The homepage will appear on your screen, here you have to click on the Register button under Umbrella Scholarship for Post Matric ST Students.
- The registration page will open on your screen, enter the following details:
- Name of applicant
- Aadhar number
- Pin code
- Mobile number, etc.
- After filling all these details, click on the Submit button to complete the application process.
Who can apply under the Umbrella Scholarship for Post Matric ST Students?
The students should study in Post Matric classes under Arunachal Pradesh recognised schools or colleges.
What is the last date for registration under the Umbrella Scholarship for Post Matric ST Students?
Students need to fill their application form until the deadline which is on 30th November 2023.
What is the selection process for the Umbrella Scholarship for Post Matric ST Students?
The selection of eligible students will be done on the basis of their eligibility criteria and documents submitted with application form.