The Inspire Scholarship or Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research is a Higher Education Scholarship scheme introduced by the Department of Science and Technology for the students of India who enrolled in Natural and Basic Science subjects at the Graduation or Post Graduation level. The students who will score top marks in their 12th standard or get selected through competitive exams like JEE, NEET, and KVPY among the top 10,000 students will be selected for the Inspire Scholarship. The selected students will receive INR 80,000 for the duration of 5 years until they complete their graduation or master’s.
Inspire Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship. Students from 17 to 22 years will be eligible for Inspire Scholarship. The students will get motivated toward the field of science and technology. All the 12th-class students who got top marks in their boards must enroll under the scholarship.
Importance of Inspire Scholarship
The Inspire Scholarship helps in developing interest among the students to opt for science as a career option. Because Natural and Basic science is the top growing subject of recent and future times, it will be a great opportunity for young students. So, the students who passed their 12th board from a recognized school of India in science subject: Maths, or Biology will be able to appear for the Inspire Scholarship 2023 and receive the huge scholarship amount that covers all their educational expenses.
- As the name of the scholarship says “Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research” means students get a chance to do new innovations and research by using their own creativity and knowledge to do better in the field of science. They get proper guidance and mentorship by the best researchers.
Also Check: SHDF Scholarship
Objective of Inspire Scholarship
The main goal of Inspire Scholarship is to provide an opportunity platform for the science pursuing students to explore their knowledge and do research on a specific topic. The students will be able to get scholarships for the duration of their studies and also get an amount during their summer research training. It is necessary for students to enrol themselves in summer research programs to build their practical knowledge. Students get more involved in science and technology to improve their careers and build a bright future. Science is the most developing area which is very diverse and contains multiple areas of research.
This Inspire Scholarship 2023 is the 11th Plan period, where the budget is increased to INR 2200 crores. There are three formations in Inspire schemes:
- It encourages students for Early Talent Attraction
- DST Higher Education Fellowship/SHE Scholarship from Inspire.
- Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC)
Also Check: Inspire Scholarship Advertisement PDF
Highlights of Inspire Scholarship
|Launched By||Government of India, Inspire|
|Name of Scholarship||Inspire Scholarship 2023|
|Objective||To provide an opportunity platform for the science-pursuing students to explore their knowledge and do research on a specific topic|
|Inspire Scholarship Amount||The scholarship will offer Rs. 80,000 per annum for the duration of 5 years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students must enroll in BSc, BE, BS or MSc, MS course|
|Start date of Inspire Scholarship||10th September 2023|
|Inspire Scholarship Last Date||9th November 2023|
Inspire Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Students must fulfill the following criteria for applying under the Adobe Scholarship:
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of India.
- Students must enroll in BSc, BE, BS or MSc, MS course after their 12th.
- The students should score top marks in their 12th standard or get selected through competitive exams like JEE, NEET and KVPY among the top 10,000 students will be selected for the Inspire Scholarship.
- The age of applicants will be under 17 years to 22 years.
- Students who enrolled in Bachelor/ Master level courses in Natural and Basic Science courses and are scholars of the National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) scholars, Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) are also eligible. for the scholarship.
- The students who take admission under the Bsc and Msc course in the Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences (DAE-CBS), Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), and National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) at the University of Mumbai are able to apply for a scholarship.
Benefits of Inspire Scholarship for Higher Education
The students who want to apply for the scholarship will get the following advantages after selection:
- The students get an opportunity to explore their knowledge and do research under the guidance of mentors.
- The students who will score top marks in their 12th standard or get selected through competitive exams like JEE, NEET, and KVPY among the top 10,000 students will be selected for the Inspire Scholarship.
- This Inspire Scholarship 2023 is the 11th Plan period, where the budget is increased to INR 2200 crores.
- Students get more involved in science and technology to improve their careers and build a bright future.
- The selected students will get financial assistance for their education for the duration of 5 years.
Subject Included under the Scholarship
The following subjects are included under the Scholarship:
- Oceanic Sciences
- Marine Biology
- Atmospheric Sciences
- The selected students will get financial assistance for their education.
- The scholarship will offer Rs. 80,000 per annum for the duration of 5 years until they complete their education.
- The students will get Rs. 60,000 for the whole year and the remaining Rs. 20,000 for Summer Researching.
- The selection of students will be done on the basis of provided eligibility criteria.
- The selected student’s name will be displayed on the official website of Inspire portal.
- Students need to upload the specified documents on the official portal of the website within the limited timeline.
- Students need to download their provisional offer letter from the Inspire official website.
- The students who score more or equal marks in the scholarship test as of cutoff marks will be selected.
Inspire Scholarship Apply Online 2023
The students must follow the given instructions for applying for the scholarship:
- Applicants first need to visit the Official Inspire Website.
- The homepage will appear on your screen, here you need to click on the New Registration option under the Login section.
- Now the registration page will open on your screen. Enter the following details:
- Select Salutation
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Mobile no.
- Email id
- Identification details
- Captcha verification
- After filling all these details you have to click on the Submit button.
Inspire Scholarship Renewal
- The renewal of the scholarship will be done after students score 60% marks or 7 CGPA out of 10 CGPA.
- The students who enrolled under Bsc. BS, MSc, and MS must score passing marks to avail of the scholarship, in case you failed under the exam then the scholarship will be canceled for that particular year. If you score the eligible marks then the scholarship will again be started.
Documents Required for Scholarship Inspire
- Applicant’s passport-size photo
- Caste certificate for SC\ST\OBC
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheet
- A certificate including the candidate’s performance in JEE (Main), JEE (Advanced), NEET, KVPY, JBNSTS, NTSE, or international Olympic medalists.
- Photocopy of SBI bank passbook
- Endorsement Form in PDF format signed by the college’s principal, the institute’s director, or the university’s registrar.
Cut Off for Inspire Scholarship
|State Board Name||Cut Off Marks|
Inspire Scholarship Helpline Number
- Address: INSPIRE Programme Division Department of Science and Technology, Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi – 110 016.
- Tel. No: 0124-6690020,0124-6690021
- Email: inspire[dot]prog-dst[at]nic[dot]in
- Call Center Timing: Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM (Except Holiday)
Inspire Scholarship FAQs
How do students get a scholarship amount?
The selected students will get a scholarship into their SBI bank account via DBT.
What are the age criteria for students to apply for the scholarship?
The age of applicants will be under 17 years to 22 years.
What is the scholarship renewal process?
The renewal of the scholarship will be done after students score 60% marks or 7 CGPA out of 10 CGPA. The students who enrolled under Bsc. BS, Msc, and MS must score passing marks to avail of the scholarship, in case you failed under the exam then the scholarship will be canceled for that particular year. If you score the eligible marks then the scholarship will again be started.