AICTE Pragati Scholarship is an initiative of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). This scholarship is created in order to provide financial assistance to people who belong to the economically backward section of society and do not have the resources to continue their education. The people will be able to pursue Technical Education through the development of this scholarship scheme. AICTE Pragati Scholarship is created in order to help girls who do not have access to education because of various reasons such as financial difficulty or societal barriers.
The scholarship will help people to continue their education without having to worry about tuition fees and application fees of any type. 15% of the total number of scholarships are reserved for the candidates from the Scheduled Caste (SC) category, 7.5% for the Scheduled Tribe (ST) category, and 27% for Other Backward Classes (OBC) category.
Objectives of the AICTE Pragati Scholarship
The AICTE Pragati scholarship provides a lot of benefits to girls who do not have access to proper education. This scholarship will provide a grant to people who are coming from the economically backward section of society with little to no knowledge of Higher Education. AICTE Pragati Scholarship will help people to continue their education without having to worry about financial difficulties.
- The scholarship will provide tuition fee reimbursement, a one-time grant for the purchase of books and equipment, and a monthly stipend for a period of ten months in a year.
- This scholarship will also cover 50% of the tuition fees and other non-refundable charges for the entire duration of the course.
- Only girls are eligible to apply for this prestigious scholarship. One of the main objectives of this scheme is to encourage girls to get a proper education.
Also Check: MHRD Scholarship
Ppragati Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The applicants are responsible for following the AICTE Pragati Scholarship Eligibility mentioned by the organization before applying for AICTE Pragati Scholarship. If you don’t follow the eligibility criteria then you will not be eligible to apply for the scholarship and get the benefits:
- The AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls is exclusively for female candidates.
- The candidate must be admitted to the 1st year of a Degree/Diploma course at an AICTE-approved institution through the State/Central Government’s Centralized Admission Process.
- A maximum of two female children per family can avail of the scholarship.
- The annual family income should not exceed 8 lakhs.
- Selection for the scholarship is based on merit, primarily on the basis of the candidate’s qualifying examination.
Benefits of Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl
There is financial assistance that will be provided to the people who are applying for this AICTE Pragati Scholarship and you have to make sure that you are getting the assistance so that you can continue your education. Check out the details related to the financial assistance from the pointers given below:
- Tuition Fee: The scholarship covers up to Rs. 30,000/- or the actual tuition fee, whichever is less.
- Incidental Charges: The selected candidates are eligible for a monthly stipend of Rs. 2,000/- for 10 months every year as incidental charges.
- Purchase of Books, Equipment, and other items: Students who are eligible for a tuition fee waiver/reimbursement are entitled to a grant of Rs. 30,000/- for purchasing books, equipment, software, laptop, desktop, vehicle, and paying fees for competitive examination applications/exams.
- Reservations for Backward Castes and Categories: The scholarship is reserved as follows for candidates from backward castes and categories – 15% for Scheduled Castes (SC), 7.5% for Scheduled Tribes (ST), and 27% for Other Backward Classes (OBC).
Also Check: Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship
AICTE Pragati Scholarship Apply Online 2023
The procedure to apply for the Pragati scholarship is very easy. The candidates can check out the major information about the step-by-step procedure to apply for this scholarship from the pointers given below:
- You will first have to visit the Official AICTE Website for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship by clicking on the lane given here
- The homepage will be displayed on your screen
- Click on the option called Register Here
- The registration form will be displayed on your screen
- Enter all of the details asked
- Finally, click on the Register button.
- Your user ID and password will be sent to your registered email ID.
- Now you need to log in using your credentials.
- Update your profile by adding all of the details.
- Enter personal information under the Tab “Personal Details”.
- Enter details of family and income under the Tab “Family & Income Details”
- Enter the fee paid details under the Tab “Institute Details”.
- Now Enter all the “Education Details”.
- Enter the “Bank Details”.
- Upload all of the documents.
- Successfully, submit the form
The following documents are required in order to successfully fill out the application form in this scholarship and apply for the scholarship accordingly:
- Mark Sheets: The candidate must submit their mark sheet for standards X, XII, and any other relevant qualifications.
- Income Certificate: An Income Certificate for the preceding financial year issued in the prescribed format by a government official of a rank not lower than Tahsildar must be submitted.
- Admission Letter: The candidate must submit the admission letter issued by the Directorate of Technical Education for admission to the Diploma/Degree course.
- Certificate of Institution: The candidate must provide a certificate issued by the Director, Principal, or Head of the Institute confirming their admission to the course.
- Tuition Fee Receipt: The receipt for payment of tuition fees must be submitted.
- Bank Pass Book: The candidate must provide their bank passbook in their name, indicating the account number and IFSC code. The passbook should also include a photograph of the candidate.
- Caste Certificate: A caste certificate is required if the candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), or Other Backward Class (OBC).
- AADHAR Card: The candidate must submit their AADHAR card.
- Declaration by Parents: The parents of the candidate must sign a declaration stating that the information provided by their child is correct and that they will refund the scholarship amount if it is found to be false at any stage.
Read It: UGC Scholarship
Track Application Status
The applicants can get the perfect idea about their application status by checking out the merit list published by the organization. Check out the details to successfully download your merit list from the pointers given below:
- You will first have to visit the official website of the scholarship by clicking on the lane given here
- The homepage will be displayed on your screen
- Click on the option called Scholarship Merit List
- A new page will be displayed on your screen
- The merit list will be displayed on your screen.
- The merit list will contain the following details-
- Caste Category
- Student Unique ID
- Student Name
- Father Name
- Course Name
- AICTE Institute ID
- Institute Name
- Institute District
- State Of Institute
- You can download the merit list on your device.
- The candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the qualifying exams so the candidates who are having good passing marks will be provided with the opportunity to apply for this scheme.
- A merit list will be prepared by the board authorities and then the students will be able to know more about the total number of beneficiaries identified by the organization. You can check out the details related to the beneficiaries by downloading the merit list.
- The decision of the authorities regarding the beneficiaries of these scholarships will be final. The students will only be provided with scholarships if they belong to the economically backward section of society.
- Girls will be provided the opportunity of encouragement to the development of this scholarship.
AICTE Pragati Scholarship 2023 is for female students. This scholarship will be provided only for the people who belong to the economically backward section of society and want to continue their education. Apply for the scholarship today and explore the different opportunities!
- Phone No: 29581000
- E-mail: email@example.com
AICTE Pragati Scholarship FAQs
What is the AICTE Pragati Scholarship?
The AICTE Pragati Scholarship is a scholarship program launched by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to encourage girl children to pursue higher education and continue their studies without worrying about the financial burden of tuition fees and other related expenses.
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
Only girl children are eligible for the scholarship, and they must be admitted to the first year of a Degree/Diploma course in any of the AICTE-approved institutions of the respective year through the Centralized Admission Process of the State/Central Government. Only two girl children per family are eligible, and the annual family income must not exceed 8 lakh.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
The scholarship covers tuition fees up to Rs. 30,000/- or the actual tuition fee, whichever is less. In addition, candidates are eligible for a monthly stipend of Rs. 2,000/- for incidental charges for 10 months each year. Candidates who are eligible for a tuition fee waiver/reimbursement are entitled to a grant of Rs. 30,000/- for the purchase of books, equipment, software, laptop, desktop, vehicle, and payment of fees for competitive examination applications/exams.
How are candidates selected for the scholarship?
The candidates will be selected on the performance that they have shown in their qualifying exams. The candidates will be provided the merit list from the official website.
How can candidates apply for the scholarship?
Candidates can apply for the scholarship by visiting the official website of the scholarship. Make sure to follow the eligibility criteria and the application procedure mentioned above to apply for the scholarship.