The Ahimsa Fellowship is a step towards making a change in India for animal protection. This would be a great opportunity for all the animal lovers who want to protect animals from cruelty by getting fully trained under the mentors and by visiting the field areas to look closely at the small behaviors, habits, survival; techniques, etc. The Ahimsa Fellowship will be a 9-month program that will happen in different areas, states, or districts. The Ahimsa fellows will be able to understand the current legal and policy framework towards animals during their training session to make it easier for them to take the lead in lobbying for the adoption of advantageous animal protection laws.
The fellows will also get an opportunity to do training in corporate outreach, fundraising, report and proposal writing, academic research, field visits and documentation, and public outreach and awareness.
About Ahimsa Fellowship
The People for Animals Public Policy Foundation and People for Animals Uttarakhand are the driving forces behind the Ahimsa Fellowship. It is funded by the Ahimsa Trust, Miranda House College (University of Delhi), Humane Society International-India, Mercy For Animals-India, Fish Welfare Initiative India, Kaivalya Education Foundation, and NALSAR University of Law. India is a country where people have very little knowledge about the proper protection of animals. This fellowship will help fellows to take proper training for animal protection and become animal protection leaders across the state and area.
- This will be a great opportunity to participate in an animal protection program to make a change.
- There will be a shortage of trained professionals who can guide the government to offer various types of facilities and protection laws for animals through the following equipment: State Animal Welfare Boards, Societies For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Animals, Hospitals, Slaughterhouse Monitoring Committees, Animal Birth Control Monitoring Committees, etc.
Also Read: Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship
Objective of Ahimsa Fellowship
The main aim of Ahimsa Fellowship 2023 is to make a valuable change in the country for animal protection. Often we see in the news about the cruelty towards stray dogs, buffaloes, and cats but no one raises their voice to save those small lives.In order to ensure that India’s animal protection regulations are upheld, the Ahimsa Fellowship initiative intends to establish a network of effective animal protection leaders. These leaders would be able to collaborate closely with state and district administrations. It is necessary to have proper knowledge about animals’ habitats, and behaviour to provide them with the best facilities.
Key Highlights of Ahimsa Fellowship
|Launched By||Ahimsa Foundation|
|Name of Fellowship||Ahimsa Fellowship|
|Objective||To make a valuable change in the country for animal protection|
|Benefits||Ahimsa Fellowship Stipend|
|Eligibility Criteria||Applicant must be a graduate from any stream|
|Deadline||3rd July 2023|
Benefits of Ahimsa Fellowship
The fellows will get the following benefits through the Ahimsa Fellowship:
- The fellows will get a chance to be a trained animal protector.
- Fellows will be trained by professionals and get opportunities to do field visits to look closer at animals.
- They will be enrolled under the National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR), University of Hyderabad for availing one Year Advanced Diploma in Animal Protection Laws.
- Fellows will receive accommodation for traveling to New Delhi and other areas for field visits.
- Selected fellows will get a defined amount of stipend.
- Get an opportunity to be placed under animal advocacy.
Also Read: National Fellowship for OBC
Ahimsa Fellowship Eligibility
- Applicants must be permanent residents of India.
- Fellows should be a graduate of any stream.
- The age of the applicant should be between 25 to 35 years.
- Applicant must be available for a 9-month training session
- Should be fluent in English communication.
- Application form filling will be started from 15th of March 2023.
- The last date for application form submission will be on 3rd June 2023.
- The fellowship will be held from mid-August 2023
- The selection of fellows will be done on the basis of the application form.
- After the application form selection, there will be an evaluation round in online mode.
- And personnel interview sessions in online mode.
Application Procedure for Ahimsa Fellowship 2023
- Applicants first need to visit the official website of Ahimsa Fellowship.
- The homepage will appear on your screen, where you need to click on the Apply Now button.
- After that the application form will appear, here fill the following details:
- Personnel details
- Educational background
- Work experience
- Situation based Questions
- After filling all these details, you have to click on the submit button.
- Plot 26, DDA, Opposite Gulmohar Enclave Gate no. 3, Delhi 110049
- Mob: +91 9650760707
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ahimsa Fellowship FAQs
What is the duration of the Ahimsa Fellowship program?
The Ahimsa Fellowship program will be started from mid-August 2023 to the next 9 months.
What is the aim of this fellowship?
The main aim of Ahimsa Fellowship 2023 is to make a valuable change in the country for animal protection.
Who started this initiative?
The People for Animals Public Policy Foundation and People for Animals Uttarakhand are the driving forces behind the Ahimsa Fellowship.