The Government of India has decided to introduce a Biometric Authentication process for the candidates who applied under the NSP Scholarship and are waiting for financial assistance. The NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication process started because of the scam done by many people to take advantage of the scholarship amount. Students should recheck their application form which must contain the Aadhar card number which is also mentioned in their bank account. Because the scholarship amount will be transferred directly into their bank. Applicants must verify their Aadhaar number on the application form, before the 25th of August 2023 to easily conduct their Aadhaar authentication.
Candidates who want to know more about the NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication 2024, must read this article completely as here we provide all the major information required for the NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication.
NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication 2024
Before jumping on the NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication topic, first we have to understand “What the Biometric Authentication word means”. Because many students don’t understand this word. Biometric Authentication is a process under which an individual undergoes Biological verification, in which there will be a match of their biological features like Iris, Face, Voice, Fingerprint, etc. So, the Government of India is conducting NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication for the verification of genuine candidates.
- Students will get a text message on their registered number from the department, in which a specific institution will be allotted. Students need to visit the institute with their documents and go for Biometric Authentication to eliminate any sort of error. Students who clear the authentication procedure will get a scholarship amount in their bank account.
Also Read: NSP Scholarship Payment Approved List
Key Highlights of NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication 2024
|To do a verification at higher level
|Government of India
|Name of Post
|To do a verification at a higher level
|Genuine candidates will get a scholarship amount
|Genuine candidates will get a scholarship amount
|Aadhar Card Number verification till
|25th August 2023
|Students who registered under the NSP Scholarship
National Scholarship Portal
The National Scholarship Portal is started under the mission of the National eGovernance Plan. This scholarship portal will provide you with various scholarships according to different classes and criteria. Students from class 1st standard to Post graduation level all are eligible for this scholarship available under the NSP scholarship programme. The NSP Scholarship will include State, Central, UGC and AICTE scholarships. The NSP Scholarship portal will offer a Simplified, Mission-Oriented, Accountable, Responsive, and Transparent system for better and simpler scholarship disbursement.
- The portal will transfer the beneficiary students’ scholarship fund directly into their bank account which will be linked with their Aadhar card, via the direct benefit transfer method. Students don’t need to visit multiple official websites to do their registration under the specific scholarship programme, you simply do your registration via the National Scholarship Portal without any error.
Where students can update their Aadhar for Biometric Authentication?
Students who applied under the NSP Scholarship will get a text message on their registered mobile number by the department in which a specific institute is allotted to the candidate for their biometric authentication. Candidates should do their verification before 25th August 2023. The arrangement for Biometric authentication in respective institutes is done by the CSC in the presence of HoI / INO.
- Aadhar card
- Application id
- User name
Steps to be followed for Updating NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication
- Applicants first need to visit the specific institute allotted to them by CSC through text message of their registered mobile number, with all the necessary documents.
- The Biometric Authentication of students will be done by CSC VLE in the camps in institutes.
- The NSP biometric authentication tool will be used by CSC VLE to verify the information submitted by Applicants.
- The details of the applicants will be returned to the NSP-BA utility and given to them for confirmation before CSC VLE takes a live picture of them if the information provided by the applicants coincides with an entry in the NSP database.
- Following successful validation, CSC VLE will carry out biometric authentication for Applicants.
- If biometric authentication is successful, data will be recorded in the CSC database and the NSP portal will be updated with information about the transaction, including whether biometric authentication was successful or unsuccessful.
Also Read: NSP Scholarship Payment Release Date
If any of the students suffer from any misconception then please connect to the concerned authority given below:
- For any technical queries, please contact Helpdesk at helpdesk[at]nsp[dot]gov[dot]in or 0120 – 6619540
(from 8 AM to 8 PM on all days, excluding holidays)
What is the deadline for Aadhar Biometric Authentication?
Applicants must verify their Aadhaar number on the application form, before the 25th of August 2023 to easily conduct their Aadhaar authentication.
What documents do students need to carry for Biometric Authentication?
Students need to carry their Aadhar card, Application number, Username and Password.
Who is conducting Biometric Authentication?
Biometric Authentication is done by the Common Service Centre VLE.